Author Topic: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread  (Read 8722205 times)

Idk, TreyPhillip and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan

vhsfisheye

wuust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Post UPCOMING/RECENT shoe releases thread
« Reply #43532 on: November 04, 2021, 11:44:58 AM »
patriot mids

IpathCats

« Reply #43533 on: November 04, 2021, 12:28:01 PM »
I can't even express how little I'm interested in fallen shoes. I feel like this is just such a horrible idea in 2021. Before, that whole rocker look was pretty appealing to a lot of people/kids especially. But nowadays I feel like kids just wanna be the next shirtless supreme fuckboi. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #43534 on: November 04, 2021, 12:43:45 PM »
I can't even express how little I'm interested in fallen shoes. I feel like this is just such a horrible idea in 2021. Before, that whole rocker look was pretty appealing to a lot of people/kids especially. But nowadays I feel like kids just wanna be the next shirtless supreme fuckboi. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.

It feels like all the dead shoe companies that nobody cares about are trying to come back and the one dead shoe company that we need and want (ipath) is the only one not coming back. Maybe I’m just wishing I could skate some ipaths after rewatching summer preview

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #43536 on: November 04, 2021, 03:03:06 PM »
If anyone cares: https://fallenfootwear.us/collections/footwear/products/the-fiend-gray-black-elliot-sloan

I know it's a bit of a generic insult but those 100% look like Walmart skate shoes.

Semi-related - I was just back on the east coast for a visit and when I saw an instagram post of one of my old friends wearing Cariuma's I decided not to even contact him.  ;D  Very petty, I know ... but I didn't want to be put in the situation of refusing to film a clip of him when I was already filming clips of all my other friends while back home.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43537 on: November 04, 2021, 04:09:47 PM »
classy move, handled that better than i would
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #43538 on: November 04, 2021, 04:12:55 PM »

I know it's a bit of a generic insult but those 100% look like Walmart skate shoes.

Semi-related - I was just back on the east coast for a visit and when I saw an instagram post of one of my old friends wearing Cariuma's I decided not to even contact him.  ;D  Very petty, I know ... but I didn't want to be put in the situation of refusing to film a clip of him when I was already filming clips of all my other friends while back home.

Would you rather see a friend in cariuma or fallen shoes in 2021?

BugleBites

« Reply #43539 on: November 04, 2021, 04:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Would you rather see a friend in cariuma or fallen shoes in 2021?

Definitely Fallen, but there would be some light hearted mockery for sure.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #43540 on: November 04, 2021, 05:23:18 PM »

You weren’t that dudes friend to begin with so I’m sure both of you are better off

BugleBites

« Reply #43541 on: November 04, 2021, 07:42:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You weren’t that dudes friend to begin with so I’m sure both of you are better off

Lol, alright Maury.  ::)

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #43542 on: November 04, 2021, 08:37:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What’s the deal with the vans wayvee? I’m tempted to try the new brown colorway coming out.  I’m coming from the new sk8 lows which I love but if it’s too different I probably won’t make a change.
[close]
The Wayvee has been the most comfortable shoe I've worn in a while. Note: I wear a wide shoe. If you have a narrow foot I would probably stay away from them because the lacing is pretty high up towards the middle of the shoe.
[close]

The new lacing system doesn't cinch things up near the toe?  Bummer, might have to pass then.  But i'll definitely try it on at a shop or at least at a random vans retail store. 

Expand Quote
The waffle cup sole is a little too soft and unsupportive.
[close]

Thats interesting, you'd think a "cupsole" would be more stiff.

I have a narrow foot and I think the wavee fits great (for reference the skate sk8 hi is to wide of a toebox for me) and the sole is very grippy and feels great I would agree its not as stiff as the vulcanized right out of the gate but they hold there shape much longer

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #43543 on: November 04, 2021, 08:44:50 PM »
This is maybe the lamest thing I've ever read on here

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #43544 on: November 04, 2021, 10:02:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this is pretty tame
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

BugleBites

« Reply #43545 on: November 04, 2021, 10:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry, Steve. Was I being too "mean"?  ;)

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #43546 on: November 04, 2021, 10:28:50 PM »
You sound like a little girl. 'OMG Ew Becky wears shoes from K-Mart she can't come to my birthday party'

Who is Steve?

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43547 on: November 05, 2021, 07:45:18 AM »
You sound like a little girl. 'OMG Ew Becky wears shoes from K-Mart she can't come to my birthday party'

Who is Steve?

yeah except the only way to wear cariuma is paying full price, which is what, 65-70? could have got pretty much anything at that pricepoint. personally i'd rather wear kohl's vans for 25$
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #43548 on: November 05, 2021, 08:09:51 AM »
I'd rather wear cheap Vans too but the point is that refusing to contact someone you describe as an 'old friend' because of the shoes they wear is childish and superficial. I know Cariuma is lame and Berra is a kook but they're just shoes at the end of the day they don't define who you are as a person

BugleBites

« Reply #43549 on: November 05, 2021, 09:04:40 AM »
I'd rather wear cheap Vans too but the point is that refusing to contact someone you describe as an 'old friend' because of the shoes they wear is childish and superficial. I know Cariuma is lame and Berra is a kook but they're just shoes at the end of the day they don't define who you are as a person

I think it's hilarious how serious you took that tongue in cheek comment. There's a bunch of people I didn't have time to see and if you seriously think I'm holding a pair of shoes against someone I can't help ya. Maybe we need a special font for thick people who don't understand humor unless it's in the form of an obvious set up and punchline.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #43550 on: November 05, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »
if my "friend" is buying into scientology then they are no longer my friend. sorry

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #43551 on: November 05, 2021, 09:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it's hilarious how serious you took that tongue in cheek comment. There's a bunch of people I didn't have time to see and if you seriously think I'm holding a pair of shoes against someone I can't help ya. Maybe we need a special font for thick people who don't understand humor unless it's in the form of an obvious set up and punchline.
Good save bro. Oh you were just kidding, okay. Next time don't forget to mention that you went on an Osiris tour twenty years ago for extra cool points

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #43552 on: November 05, 2021, 09:28:25 AM »
if my "friend" is buying into scientology then they are no longer my friend. sorry
If I had a real friend who joined a cult I would try to reason with them and help them rather than just cut them off, but maybe you are using a looser definition of the word 'friend'

BugleBites

« Reply #43553 on: November 05, 2021, 09:33:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Good save bro. Oh you were just kidding, okay. Next time don't forget to mention that you went on an Osiris tour twenty years ago for extra cool points

I'm pretty sure going on an Osiris tour has never been cool.  ;D

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #43554 on: November 05, 2021, 09:37:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I'm pretty sure going on an Osiris tour has never been cool.  ;D

The Storm riders would probably say otherwise
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #43555 on: November 05, 2021, 10:00:56 AM »
Anyways guys......... looks like these Crockett Highs are coming out in Europe already, so hopefully they'll be available in the states soon.

switch209

• Rep: -14
« Reply #43556 on: November 05, 2021, 11:41:41 AM »
If anyone cares: https://fallenfootwear.us/collections/footwear/products/the-fiend-gray-black-elliot-sloan

"Designed by Elliot Sloan..."

...taking an already existing shoe, saying,
"I wish it were a mid"
"Really? ok, we'll just make it your pro model. This way we can capitalize on the same sole mold, same design, literally change absolutely nothing about it except to make it a mid, and we'll put your name on it to make you feel special, especially since we have no idea how long we will be around for this time."
"SICK!"

Im pretty sure the conversation went something like this.

mall_shelltoe

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43557 on: November 05, 2021, 11:55:34 AM »
Will never support a collab with a dead person.  Corny as fuck.

I get it if its a small artist but i'm not bothered by a David Bowie collab or something. Gets weird when the estate license is passed around too much, even when their not dead its like how many different black sabbath collabs do we really need...

foureyedjim

« Reply #43558 on: November 05, 2021, 12:57:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I get it if its a small artist but i'm not bothered by a David Bowie collab or something. Gets weird when the estate license is passed around too much, even when their not dead its like how many different black sabbath collabs do we really need...

Company x Dead person branding is super weird.  There’s something very distasteful about some large corporation like uniqlo doing basquiat shirts

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #43559 on: November 06, 2021, 01:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Company x Dead person branding is super weird.  There’s something very distasteful about some large corporation like uniqlo doing basquiat shirts
Hurts their legacy and the value of their image when they aren’t selective enough
*cough* FP x ODB *cough*
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.