Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1447604 times)

Coolguy69, HugeBodBoyle (+ 2 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

feedmeseymour

Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #1800 on: June 26, 2019, 07:08:26 AM »
Does anyone legitimately listen to vent city? Asking for a friend.

i tried once but they kept talking about instagram and their follower count so i gave up

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1801 on: June 26, 2019, 07:18:54 AM »
This in particular is a good interpretation of this whole situation.

Expand Quote

[close]

I'm so glad that JM is coming from a place of love and a desire to bring people together. His heart is in the right place. He just learned something in public, and that is that you have to allow marginalized groups to congregate and not try to shame them for that. I'm white, male, and straight and I'm not going to pretend to know what its like to be anything else. Of course we can all come together and shred. Peace and love y'all.
Well said, also shout out to Rich for his comment because I know he posts on here.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #1802 on: June 26, 2019, 07:58:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

I'm so glad that JM is coming from a place of love and a desire to bring people together. His heart is in the right place. He just learned something in public, and that is that you have to allow marginalized groups to congregate and not try to shame them for that. I'm white, male, and straight and I'm not going to pretend to know what its like to be anything else. Of course we can all come together and shred. Peace and love y'all.
[close]
Well said, also shout out to Rich for his comment because I know he posts on here.

Also comments like this actually help gain understanding. Ryan Lay jumping on twitter going "Lmao look at Jordan Maxham's instagram post" to his like-minded followers does not help, and neither does posting on his story "don't do this white dudes" with no further explanation. Ridiculing and ganging up on well-intentioned people for a lack of nuance is one of the worst characteristics of the extremely online left, it's like c'mon guys not everyone has the same knowledge or understanding as you. Also, I understand the perspective of marginalised people to say "look I shouldn't have to take my time online to explain to people why my lived experiences/trauma/activism matter," that's valid, it's a taxing thing to do and not every LGBTQIA person should have to devote their time online to educating others. But Ryan is positioning himself as an ally, so he's the kind of person who can help educate others on such issues without feeling like he's personally having to validate his own identity/concerns.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #1803 on: June 26, 2019, 08:12:26 AM »

Bam nuzzling Post Malone
"My pussy of a momma called. Seen you on TV"

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #1804 on: June 26, 2019, 08:15:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Bam nuzzling Post Malone
[close]
My streethoe wife say I done changed, ever since I ain't young.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #1805 on: June 26, 2019, 08:32:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Bam nuzzling Post Malone
[close]
[close]
My streethoe wife say I done changed, ever since I ain't young.
“Now they just say heartagram nation,
Worked so hard forgot how to take a Bamcation
They ain’t ever had the inebriation
People green lightin, and say we throw mud but we made it, yeah we made it.”

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2535
« Reply #1806 on: June 26, 2019, 11:01:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whoever wrote this insufferable quixotic homily needs to take a deep breath and get some perspective. Just because this is important to you does not mean I’m obligated to “validate” it. Are you at the spot to skate and kick it or are you at the spot to make me feel guilty about not acknowledging about your intersectionalism?

PS it’s fucking Jordan maxhams insta. He’s a nice kid from Vermont. Leave him alone he doesn’t need to subscribe to some bullshit elitist west coast ideology.

EDIT: i wrote this as a knee jerk reaction and probably should have avoided the ad hominem attacks as they hurt my argument rather than further it. Its really a result of the frustration of the enforcement of ideology in a space where i (and i think others) go for freedom from regiment. skateboarding is one of the few places where i feel able to drop labels, and drop hierarchy and just be me with people who are just being them.  i am pretty consistent on this- i don't believe there is a place for ideology in activity of skateboarding. it is too pure.
[close]

Everything is political. I would also like to hear what else you consider a "bullshit elitist west coast ideology."
[close]

1) that everything is political
2) that in and out burger is better than shake shack.

Yeah, skateboarding definitely isn't political. It just is. There's no way it's shaped by society.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

rapscallion

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1807 on: June 26, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Homosexual have insertcurity. They blame normal because they know homosex not normal. My uncle homosex he causing many problem for my family. He is a crazy man. You brain problem not my fault.
[close]

Either English is not your first language (which is totally chill) and you have shitty ideas about how the human brain works (which is not at all chill) or you are affecting the writing style of someone who is ESL (which is not chill and also racist) and you have shitty ideas (again, not chill.) Either way, enjoy your first kook for your crummy input.

You're alive?

shone237

« Reply #1808 on: June 26, 2019, 11:20:57 AM »
so this is now a lame slap post by pro fanboys thread? can you kids go back to facebook already.

rapscallion

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1809 on: June 26, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »
so this is now a lame slap post by pro fanboys thread? can you kids go back to facebook already.
people are arguing over posts from pros and if you're referring to me, I replied to a comment from this same thread so fuck off.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1810 on: June 26, 2019, 11:27:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whoever wrote this insufferable quixotic homily needs to take a deep breath and get some perspective. Just because this is important to you does not mean I’m obligated to “validate” it. Are you at the spot to skate and kick it or are you at the spot to make me feel guilty about not acknowledging about your intersectionalism?

PS it’s fucking Jordan maxhams insta. He’s a nice kid from Vermont. Leave him alone he doesn’t need to subscribe to some bullshit elitist west coast ideology.

EDIT: i wrote this as a knee jerk reaction and probably should have avoided the ad hominem attacks as they hurt my argument rather than further it. Its really a result of the frustration of the enforcement of ideology in a space where i (and i think others) go for freedom from regiment. skateboarding is one of the few places where i feel able to drop labels, and drop hierarchy and just be me with people who are just being them.  i am pretty consistent on this- i don't believe there is a place for ideology in activity of skateboarding. it is too pure.
[close]

Everything is political. I would also like to hear what else you consider a "bullshit elitist west coast ideology."
[close]

[close]

Yeah, skateboarding definitely isn't political. It just is. There's no way it's shaped by society.

do you sincerely want a response to this or would you rather just have the last word and i can move on
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1811 on: June 26, 2019, 11:29:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

do you sincerely want a response to this or would you rather just have the last word and i can move on
Do you sincerely think skateboarding - a culture that's dominated by mostly untalented white males where minorities struggle to carve a niche for themselves - isn't shaped by society?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1812 on: June 26, 2019, 12:33:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Homosexual have insertcurity. They blame normal because they know homosex not normal. My uncle homosex he causing many problem for my family. He is a crazy man. You brain problem not my fault.
[close]

Either English is not your first language (which is totally chill) and you have shitty ideas about how the human brain works (which is not at all chill) or you are affecting the writing style of someone who is ESL (which is not chill and also racist) and you have shitty ideas (again, not chill.) Either way, enjoy your first kook for your crummy input.
[close]

You're alive?
Maybe I overreacted but that was a garbagey troll ass first post.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1813 on: June 26, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
alrite im answering allen. and heckler in one shot, and since my original statement has been moved so far from its original posture i am going to also clarify my original stance.   so if you don't want to deal with a diatribe in this thread-- just skip this block of text.

part 1.
i disagree with the premise that skateboarding has a shape nor that its "political." i'm pretty sure in another thread i said that the act of skateboarding is radically apolitical.  For the same reasons skateboarding is apoltical, it has no shape. it has no hierarchy, no rules, no dogma, no goals, no objective, no purpose, it doesn't further anything, there are no interests beyond the act itself, there is nothing practical about it.  its just a fun thing to do (and watch).  i'm genuinely curious to know what you think the shape of skateboarding is and whats political about it. is the act of kayaking political?  is playing with dominoes political?  building ships in a bottle?  Fly fishing is dominated by white men-- do women of color need to carve out their own niche in the fly fishing community-- or can they just go fly fishing? 

part 2.
I have no issue with freedom of association.  There is a place in society for men’s barber shops, a place for women’s gyms, a place for gay bars, a place for obese yoga classes.  I generally (there are obviously limits) have no issue with people adopting identifiers and wearing them proudly.  People have a right to identify themselves and be who they are.  However, I do take issue with the notion that being a member of one of these associations, or identifying in a particular way, endows someone a unique right to be an unquestioned arbiter of morality and culture. More specific to Jordan Maxham’s premise-  I disagree with the idea that the subject has the right to dictate how the witness perceives them.  The individual is allowed to see a pair of half cabs with a hole by the pinky toe before they see the upside-down rainbow triangle pin.  Moving it to a more personal level- if I see a trans person at my gym wearing a pair of boxing gloves I’m interested in, I’m going to ask them about how the boxing gloves perform and not ask them what its like boxing while trans. I am most likely just going to see them as a member of my gym and not a freedom fighter seeking their niche, I am morally allowed to do that. there is nothing objectively negative about that interaction. If I am skating a park I am allowed to see where someone stands in the lineup to drop in without noticing anything about them beyond whether or not its my turn.  If a bunch of people who identify nonbinary want to meet up at the park other skateboarders are allowed to think that’s nothing more or less than 'just fine.'  if that groups wants to stick to one side of the park because that makes them comfortable-- that's fine too but no one is obligated to see them as anything other than people at skate park. i am not obligated to go out of my way to understand how their experience differs than mine because really i'm just there to finally land a bs 270 to regular over the hip.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:03:17 PM by tortfeasor »
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Surly

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1814 on: June 26, 2019, 02:24:22 PM »
alrite im answering allen. and heckler in one shot, and since my original statement has been moved so far from its original posture i am going to also clarify my original stance.   so if you don't want to deal with a diatribe in this thread-- just skip this block of text.

part 1.
i disagree with the premise that skateboarding has a shape nor that its "political." i'm pretty sure in another thread i said that the act of skateboarding is radically apolitical.  For the same reasons skateboarding is apoltical, it has no shape. it has no hierarchy, no rules, no dogma, no goals, no objective, no purpose, it doesn't further anything, there are no interests beyond the act itself, there is nothing practical about it.  its just a fun thing to do (and watch).  i'm genuinely curious to know what you think the shape of skateboarding is and whats political about it. is the act of kayaking political?  is playing with dominoes political?  building ships in a bottle?  Fly fishing is dominated by white men-- do women of color need to carve out their own niche in the fly fishing community-- or can they just go fly fishing? 

part 2.
I have no issue with freedom of association.  There is a place in society for men’s barber shops, a place for women’s gyms, a place for gay bars, a place for obese yoga classes.  I generally (there are obviously limits) have no issue with people adopting identifiers and wearing them proudly.  People have a right to identify themselves and be who they are.  However, I do take issue with the notion that being a member of one of these associations, or identifying in a particular way, endows someone a unique right to be an unquestioned arbiter of morality and culture. More specific to Jordan Maxham’s premise-  I disagree with the idea that the subject has the right to dictate how the witness perceives them.  The individual is allowed to see a pair of half cabs with a hole by the pinky toe before they see the upside-down rainbow triangle pin.  Moving it to a more personal level- if I see a trans person at my gym wearing a pair of boxing gloves I’m interested in, I’m going to ask them about how the boxing gloves perform and not ask them what its like boxing while trans. I am most likely just going to see them as a member of my gym and not a freedom fighter seeking their niche, I am morally allowed to do that. there is nothing objectively negative about that interaction. If I am skating a park I am allowed to see where someone stands in the lineup to drop in without noticing anything about them beyond whether or not its my turn.  If a bunch of people who identify nonbinary want to meet up at the park other skateboarders are allowed to think that’s nothing more or less than 'just fine.'  if that groups wants to stick to one side of the park because that makes them comfortable-- that's fine too but no one is obligated to see them as anything other than people at skate park. i am not obligated to go out of my way to understand how their experience differs than mine because really i'm just there to finally land a bs 270 to regular over the hip.

TLDR
just read the first two lines and last two lines and all i have to say is this:
Go faster, turn your shoulders first, pop hard, lift your back foot more, land, and roll away clean

euro tm

« Reply #1815 on: June 26, 2019, 02:37:16 PM »

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #1816 on: June 26, 2019, 08:21:24 PM »
At least he took it to twitter like a man

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1817 on: June 26, 2019, 10:34:49 PM »
part 1.

I'm surprised that you view skateboarding as this space where politics and all the aspects that shape our lives vanish. I agree that the act of flipping a board around has no essential value or meaning, but that doesn't mean we haven't given it an intense meaning or imbued it with political significance.

Skateboarding is often overtly political in its "fuck you" attitude to the suburbs, the white-collar work, to the dominant use of space in the city, to adult authority, to religion (the Thrasher pentagram is pretty political), school, traditional sports, and so on. However as rebellious as skateboarding culture has been, we haven't always been super open to everyone.

In terms of hierarchies, do you firmly believe that there are no hierarchies w/in skateboarding or our local scenes? Outside the obvious of who has a voice writing for a magazine or who gets sponsored, do the locals at any park honestly treat everyone equally? Do the employees at "core" shops treat everyone equally? Shit, nearly every time I enter a core shop, I'm reminded of how gnarly the skate hierarchy really is.

In terms of rules, this whole thread is about people who break the informal rules of skateboarding by kooking out on Instagram.

The idea that our subculture and our spaces lack politics kind of reminds me of when Americans tell me Americans don't really have a culture. As Americans we have a really interesting culture, it is just that it is difficult to see it when it is just "normal" to us. Skateboarding has pretty gnarly politics, but it is just normal to many of us and it is harder to see some of the politics when they don't affect us personally. An extreme comparison might be the people who want to keep politics out of football but don't mind that the sport often encourages players and fans to engage in jingoist practices, the players reference Jesus every other second, and they have military nights and do military fly overs at some of the games. Those are super strong political behaviors, but they are just "normal" for many and therefore unseen.

But since this is a thread about lame IG posts, let me end with my favorite skater who makes rapping look really hard:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 10:38:12 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Bighugemegajohnson

• Rep: -75
« Reply #1818 on: June 26, 2019, 10:38:37 PM »
Damn Jereme really loves his papa cock

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1343
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1819 on: June 26, 2019, 10:52:47 PM »
papa cock
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1820 on: June 27, 2019, 12:53:50 AM »
fucking hell, Jereme basically embodies this thread :o
The way he moves when he tries to "rap" is so tragic, like I honestly feel sorry for him...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #1821 on: June 27, 2019, 01:32:59 AM »
fucking hell, Jereme basically embodies this thread :o
The way he moves when he tries to "rap" is so tragic, like I honestly feel sorry for him...
He moves that way because that’s the way Papa Cock tells him to move.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #1822 on: June 27, 2019, 01:52:53 AM »
he's swaying around because he's riding papa cock just below the frame of the video.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1823 on: June 27, 2019, 03:11:00 AM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/RyanScott_Lay

ryans response

as much as he could be right, he comes across as a huge fucking dick.

Just because he's not a mountain dew chugging, ginger hilbilly he's right to defend his queer friends ( who have all the rights to do their events and to express themselves ).

This way it's just to show everybody how he's better than Jordan, the post couldn't be a Pulizer winning essay but I feel it comes from heart, or at least it's a message that will reach like minded hillbillies and can cause no harm.

To quote South park again: You know, I don't think when Gandhi starved himself he was all "Dude, look how fuckin' awesome I am for starving. Check me out!"
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

thomas kook

« Reply #1824 on: June 27, 2019, 03:28:44 AM »
Expand Quote

as much as he could be right, he comes across as a huge fucking dick.

Just because he's not a mountain dew chugging, ginger hilbilly he's right to defend his queer friends ( who have all the rights to do their events and to express themselves ).

This way it's just to show everybody how he's better than Jordan, the post couldn't be a Pulizer winning essay but I feel it comes from heart, or at least it's a message that will reach like minded hillbillies and can cause no harm.

To quote South park again: You know, I don't think when Gandhi starved himself he was all "Dude, look how fuckin' awesome I am for starving. Check me out!"

huh. you must not have read ryan's tweets at all

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #1825 on: June 27, 2019, 05:13:21 AM »
I have and all it comes down to how HE's doing the right thing because he's woke and others aren't.

Just FIY:

2/ A friend in the Queer Skate LA scene reached out to me and asked me to say something because his issue with them started before his post. I think the sentiment of “we’re all skaters” is mostly harmless, because yes, skating can be a really powerful leveling force.

Ryan Lay
@RyanScott_Lay
·
16h
3/ But if you’re doing this out of frustration for queer/womxn only skate events at your local park, you’re not doing it to promote a message of positivity or inclusivity.

Ryan Lay
@RyanScott_Lay
4/ You’re just rifling off a really ill-informed, potentially harmful (see comments) message to your 90k+ followers because you felt excluded as a white guy. I’ve done and said so much stupid shit in my life (will continue to do so because growth is hard),

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:16:32 AM by Giza Butler »
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #1826 on: June 27, 2019, 05:42:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Also comments like this actually help gain understanding. Ryan Lay jumping on twitter going "Lmao look at Jordan Maxham's instagram post" to his like-minded followers does not help, and neither does posting on his story "don't do this white dudes" with no further explanation. Ridiculing and ganging up on well-intentioned people for a lack of nuance is one of the worst characteristics of the extremely online left, it's like c'mon guys not everyone has the same knowledge or understanding as you. Also, I understand the perspective of marginalised people to say "look I shouldn't have to take my time online to explain to people why my lived experiences/trauma/activism matter," that's valid, it's a taxing thing to do and not every LGBTQIA person should have to devote their time online to educating others. But Ryan is positioning himself as an ally, so he's the kind of person who can help educate others on such issues without feeling like he's personally having to validate his own identity/concerns.

for fucking real. I lean very far to the left and behavior like Ryan showed regarding this post is so off putting. Also fuck Vent City.

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #1827 on: June 27, 2019, 06:31:45 AM »
Vent City crew is definitely doubling down on their self-branding as the thought police of skateboarding

it's not even that they have bad takes, it's that they come across as these insufferably smug humorless scolds

thomas kook

« Reply #1828 on: June 27, 2019, 06:38:39 AM »
i thought ryan was kinda right though. a message can be nice ('we're all skaters we should be all the same!!') but if it comes from a shitty place ('it sucks that i can't skate the park when it's a womens only night'), it's still shitty and the shittiness could be pointed out so that others can learn to be less shitty.
of course, now, this does require taking a smug, perhaps even humorless stance against someone who isn't doing much wrong to begin with. that's a choice some people just love to make

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #1829 on: June 27, 2019, 06:41:37 AM »
ryan lay seems like an all around pretty miserable person to be around
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.