Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231273 times)

Eric Dolphy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 516
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1080 on: May 29, 2021, 01:20:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tried on some of the Polar surf pants the other day after seeing them in person for the first time, and they were so comfy i couldn't stop thinking about them so ordered a pair yesterday. Super lightweight, feels like you're not even wearing pants. Baggy with the perfect subtle taper. Ordered them online yesterday and they just showed up at work, had to take a quick fit pic

[close]

How's the sizing in these and which size did you go for? Deciding between a Large and XL
[close]
Technically i should probably wear 32 or 33 but usually buy 34, with a 30 leg. In these i bought Large.
[close]

easy! thank you, bro. I think they might be too short for me (6.1 ft) in a large then. XL might just be a never ending sack. Im usually a 34 in length

/these look good tho!
[close]

get medium talls, the proportions are just a little bit better than the XLs and only one inch shorter due to slightly shorter rise (so they're less droopy). Inseam is the same.

I'm 6 5 and the XLs are still the best lengthwise but I prefer the way the medium talls fit they just look a bit more proportionate. Large will also be long enough for you most likely.
[close]

Thank you, my man! Was looking for a substitute of my dickies (hidden), which unfortunately I cannot find anymore across the net and always wanted to have my hands on a surf pant for summer. I kinda need to put my hope into the large size, as medium tall is nowhere be found in my region anymore.

Is that medium tall size only available in the polar online store? Ive hardly seen that size in any other shops anyway
Yeah I think L should be fine, I'm 5'11" and can wear these with a double cuff, i just prefer them stacked.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1276
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1081 on: May 31, 2021, 01:30:21 PM »
Canadian Homies, what is the Mantles brand all about? I got a pair of chinos from the thrift store that were branded Mantles. Did a web search and got only a few hits that were from Canadian websites so I'm assuming it's not a US brand. Do they still make them? Where are they sold? Are they a shitty company? Thanks for anybody's feedback.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1082 on: June 01, 2021, 12:54:03 AM »
Expand Quote
just ordered my first pairs of levis in over a decade
550 34x38 in black and dark stonewash

not sure how much these will shrink in the wash but 36-37 is my ideal length. almost two full sizes up in the waist so i hope they are the right amount of baggy
[close]

550s are great. 38 inseam will be plenty long, like super long but thats what you’re going for it sounds like. They will definitely be baggy since you sized up 2 sizes. I run mine true to size and they feel decently loose. Did you happen to get the stretch levi's by chance? Those ones always feel slightly baggier in my experience.
these are just the regular denim. wore them today and will probably do 36x38 in the future, they are loose but not realy baggy in 34. satisfied enough with the fit to not make the return though
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1083 on: June 01, 2021, 02:10:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

not sure how much these will shrink in the wash but 36-37 is my ideal length. almost two full sizes up in the waist so i hope they are the right amount of baggy
[close]

550s are great. 38 inseam will be plenty long, like super long but thats what you’re going for it sounds like. They will definitely be baggy since you sized up 2 sizes. I run mine true to size and they feel decently loose. Did you happen to get the stretch levi's by chance? Those ones always feel slightly baggier in my experience.
[close]
these are just the regular denim. wore them today and will probably do 36x38 in the future, they are loose but not realy baggy in 34. satisfied enough with the fit to not make the return though

What is the 38 length like? I get away with wearing a 34 inseam but I’m also 6’6. Thinking about getting at least 36 inseam next time and a wrist size larger than true to size. That would be a 38 x 36 which sounds weird in my head

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1084 on: June 01, 2021, 04:28:18 AM »
Got my ASOS Ultra Baggy Jeans in the MAil over the weekend. I ordered 34 width (usually i am 32) and a 30 Length like the dude with the tiagos and the fire Fits!

They fit well baggy for me being 5'7 and pretty true in lenght.
Denim is soft and light wich will be very welcomed if summer ever comes this year.

I Imagine them fitting pretty close to the Butter goods philly jeans in 32.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #1085 on: June 01, 2021, 08:31:45 AM »
asos is dirt don't give them your money

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #1086 on: June 01, 2021, 01:38:41 PM »
I'm in canada and my Asos pants have been in shipping limbo for 2 weeks now. I already regretted giving them money so this is karma I guess

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1087 on: June 01, 2021, 03:32:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

What is the 38 length like? I get away with wearing a 34 inseam but I’m also 6’6. Thinking about getting at least 36 inseam next time and a wrist size larger than true to size. That would be a 38 x 36 which sounds weird in my head
38 length is giving me the right amount of stack. these would be my best looking baggy jeans if they were a bit bigger in the waist but 38x38 sounds insane
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #1088 on: June 02, 2021, 01:34:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
38 length is giving me the right amount of stack. these would be my best looking baggy jeans if they were a bit bigger in the waist but 38x38 sounds insane

i got me some levis 550s in 38 width and they fit just as wide as 34 carhartt WIP simple pants. With Levi's I seem to always have to go one or two sizes up

Regarding ASOS- i just needed a cheap fix instead of paying 100+€ for the ButterGoods jeans.  ::)

But yeah, asos seems to be the same fast fashion shit as H&M and all that so likely will not buy anmore anyway

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1089 on: June 02, 2021, 10:42:31 AM »
Does anyone else have to size up for Carhartt pants?
Was looking at the "flex" and don't know if I should go tts...

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1090 on: June 02, 2021, 10:53:38 AM »

I size up for carhartts but only cause the canvas/denim pants tend to be really stiff and i like the extra room to move. If its a flex pair you may be able to get away with tts

Bob Loblaw

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1091 on: June 02, 2021, 11:05:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I size up for carhartts but only cause the canvas/denim pants tend to be really stiff and i like the extra room to move. If its a flex pair you may be able to get away with tts
Solid, thank you

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1092 on: June 02, 2021, 11:13:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Solid, thank you

I had some regular fit with the flex and they shrank up nice and young after a few washes. Now they look like Dylan cosplay if I wear them.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

vegangangzta

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1094 on: June 04, 2021, 01:12:15 PM »
Still running the baggy surplus BDU cargo when I want to wear loose pants. I got five pairs in size XL Reg; OG Green Vietnam 'Woodland' Camo, Green Vietnam 'Tiger' Camo, Olive Drab, Dark Gray and Light Gray. All from the Goodwill/Salvation Army for less than $10 a pair. Paired with an elastic woven belt this is the ultimate combo for skating. Unfortunately the town I live in gets brutally unbearably hot in the summer and skating in anything but shorts for 5 months out of the year is not feasible. I will begrudgingly skate in shorts if I have to but definitely not my preference

love the second hand og bdus. i need to look out for another pair. i also have a 10 bucks woodland pair still going strong after a decade. i'd rather have a busted real one than a cheap new 20 bucks replica. they don't really cut it and often lose their seams very easily.

vegangangzta

« Reply #1095 on: June 05, 2021, 12:26:00 PM »

Cookman wide fit

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1096 on: June 10, 2021, 01:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tried on some of the Polar surf pants the other day after seeing them in person for the first time, and they were so comfy i couldn't stop thinking about them so ordered a pair yesterday. Super lightweight, feels like you're not even wearing pants. Baggy with the perfect subtle taper. Ordered them online yesterday and they just showed up at work, had to take a quick fit pic

[close]

How's the sizing in these and which size did you go for? Deciding between a Large and XL
[close]
Technically i should probably wear 32 or 33 but usually buy 34, with a 30 leg. In these i bought Large.
[close]

easy! thank you, bro. I think they might be too short for me (6.1 ft) in a large then. XL might just be a never ending sack. Im usually a 34 in length

/these look good tho!
[close]

get medium talls, the proportions are just a little bit better than the XLs and only one inch shorter due to slightly shorter rise (so they're less droopy). Inseam is the same.

I'm 6 5 and the XLs are still the best lengthwise but I prefer the way the medium talls fit they just look a bit more proportionate. Large will also be long enough for you most likely.
[close]

Thank you, my man! Was looking for a substitute of my dickies (hidden), which unfortunately I cannot find anymore across the net and always wanted to have my hands on a surf pant for summer. I kinda need to put my hope into the large size, as medium tall is nowhere be found in my region anymore.

Is that medium tall size only available in the polar online store? Ive hardly seen that size in any other shops anyway
[close]
Yeah I think L should be fine, I'm 5'11" and can wear these with a double cuff, i just prefer them stacked.

Bought them in large. Most comfy pants I do own. Fit could be a tiny bit larger as I also like to stack, but perfect otherwise 👌 thank you

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1097 on: June 10, 2021, 07:07:25 AM »
do gramicci pants get any love in this thread? i have a pair of the "loose tapers" and they definitely aren't my first choice for skate pants but as chillers they are great. the standard inseam for them is a little short. the OG G-pants seem to be a decent choice...mine are flexy too which is great.
good come sausage

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #1098 on: June 10, 2021, 08:32:32 AM »
do gramicci pants get any love in this thread? i have a pair of the "loose tapers" and they definitely aren't my first choice for skate pants but as chillers they are great. the standard inseam for them is a little short. the OG G-pants seem to be a decent choice...mine are flexy too which is great.

I had a pair of thrifted gramiccis a couple years ago that were huge, they were pretty sick but they were size XL and the inseam was way too long for me so i sold em for way less than i should have

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1099 on: June 10, 2021, 08:43:33 AM »
Gap Easy Pants, they’re super light for the summer and barely feel like you’re wearing pants. They’re baggy enough with an elastic waist, but they still look like whatever brand chinos/ camos you’re currently considering. Theyre baggy, but not too baggy if you know what I mean. They’re on sale at the outlet stores right now too, just picked up a bunch of them and I’m super happy. The mobility that you have in them is way better than any stretch chino material, it’s like skating in swoosh pants.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #1100 on: June 11, 2021, 01:05:53 AM »

Comparison of Polar 93 jeans to Volcom Billow jeans. First pic is Polar, second Volcom and in the third you can see the Volcoms from behind the Polars on the floor. Polar are size 30/32 and Volcom are 30. 30 is what I usually wear so I think both fit me true to size. Volcom ones are a bit wider than the 93s but still not Big Boy category.

I am 186 cm tall (6’1” I think) and in tight pants I usually want 34” inseam but depending on what kind of a fit I’m after I can be cool with shorter too.

I really like the Polars and am keeping these Volcoms also even though they feel slightly too baggy for me right now but I’m still kinda getting used to wearing baggy pants.  :)

This clip inspired me to get the Volcom Billows. I think that’s what Jorge is wearing here and they look awesome to me:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CO8jqEYH_EV/?utm_medium=copy_link
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 01:23:17 AM by Roisto »

topfrog10

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1101 on: June 11, 2021, 09:47:20 AM »
i posted an example fit of these a bit ago because i noticed they were getting no love but i really fuck with the pair i got off ebay for half price, the g pants are super flexible and while they're not ultimate loose they definitely are nice for the summer.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1102 on: June 21, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Any one try the carhartt relaxed tapered fit? Any info on them or carhartt in general?
[close]

I don’t know about the tapered fit but I’ve been into a Carhartt buying spree pant wise so I’ll give my 2 cents. I got like 4 pairs in less than half a year and been rotating them daily. (I’m usually a 30w/32L for reference)

1 pair of double knees in nylon (30/32).
The collab with PoP trading co, relaxed straight fit with basically no taper. Love the look but a bit too stiff and sweaty for skating IMO. The twill/corduroy  is probably better to skate in...

1 pair of master pants in twill (30/32).
To me a best fitting answer to Dickies 574’s and maybe my fav skate pants right now. Relaxed straight fit that tapers a bit under the knee. They broke in super quick and are mad comfortable.

and 2 pairs of Simple pants, one in Light Denim (30/32) and other in Twill (31/32)... I thought they should fit the same, but I found the Twill to feel a bit slimmer, so I got a size up than usual and now they fit and look really similar to the Master pants I got. Actually maybe a tiny bit more tapered at the bottom. The Denim version looks and feels baggier to me dunno why, but I love them like that.

I think I will keep buying Carhartt pants for a while...

I think I'm  on pair #8 of owning Master pants; best pants, period. Most of them I ordered straight from the site but I have scored on Grailed where I actually got two pairs for 70, shipped, already hemmed to my size (unbelievable).

Now I did just place an order, one of which are Master pants in my size but I also snagged two pairs of Newels in black; are they comparable to the Master as the description read the same, just other materials which I know can be a game changer. The Taper on the Master is perfect & I am hoping for the same on the Newel.

Carhartt WIP for the win, regardless...

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #1103 on: June 21, 2021, 05:33:51 PM »
Hey loose fit pant pals, I've got a couple pairs that are waaaay too big so im trying to sell them.

Levis stay loose, 32x32. Real nice comfy pair of baggies in great shape. Wore them for about 1 month

Levi's Silver tab, 34x30. dark blue wash, super deep pockets all around. Very excellent shape with a small, half inch slit in the back waistband where it looks like the previous owner removed a dye tag from a store. These are some true big boys, looking like that hella baggy polar pant stuff.

Dm if you wanna see pics and figure out some payments/trades.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #1104 on: June 21, 2021, 05:40:58 PM »
Anyone here get their jeans/pants taken in at the waist to fit better? I found a pair of the sickest Silvertab cargo jeans at the thrift and couldn't turn them down, even though they were two sizes too big for me. I took them to one alteration place by my house and the lady there said she couldn't do it because taking in the waist would mess with the pockets too much. I'm trying to see if there's another place around here that would do it instead...

A good tailor can make it happen. Maybe not drop them two whole sizes but they can fit 'em to a more proper state.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 117
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1105 on: June 28, 2021, 08:04:17 PM »
What’s our opinion on the butter goods denim jeans they been drippin lately? I have some of the new “apple denim” shorts and pants and the QC is all over the fuckin place man. Loose threads for days on the stitching everywhere lol. Don’t think I will buy anymore pants from them even though I like the styles. The herringbone pants for instance look a lot better than the denims as far as QC from photos I’ve seen.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1106 on: June 29, 2021, 05:19:03 AM »
I liked the look of the apple denim, but their size chart didn't have enough information (rise, leg opening, inseam, thigh size, etc.) for me to spend $150 on jeans from Australia that you can't really return. I emailed them asking for measurements and they didn't respond, so I moved on from the idea.

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #1107 on: June 29, 2021, 05:49:40 AM »

I didn’t want to join the bandwagon with the Polar Big Boys but my current job has aloud me to buy some. They are the best fitting jeans for sure. Xlarge fits me great.

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #1108 on: June 29, 2021, 01:20:16 PM »
Thrifted some Levi's 560's the other day and damn, do I love the fit. I sized wayy up in the waist and it feels a bit funny putting them on, but they don't get all cinched when I wear a belt and the semi-rigid denim + small leg opening creates a really nice stack.

These are a 36×32

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #1109 on: June 29, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »
^^^ man they look perfect. Those NB’s look awesome! I’m not up on the numbers.. what are they???