Author Topic: questions that don't deserve their own thread  (Read 216728 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1041
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: questions that don't deserve their own thread
« Reply #4020 on: October 04, 2023, 04:08:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Do Ace bushings fit in the Indy Stage 4's/215's?
[close]
Maybe somebody has a better answer but they are both taller than stage 11 height so my guess is probably. Indy also released their full line of aftermarkets in that height now too so you got that going for you.

Same question / answers in the bushings thread current page (23) which I took your reply and added to it.

Might be interesting to check that or add to it as well.

Bushings thread:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=112631.660

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #4021 on: October 05, 2023, 01:21:22 PM »
Probably dumb but has anyone tried to get a bit more grip out of worn down toe foxing/bumpers?

Ive got some Rowans that have some life left in them, but my flick and ollies are feeling slow and forced. The "grip strip" is bald af, but the sole and upper are pretty intact. I could use a new board for sure, but fresh grip will just eat them for breakfast. Kinda want to retire the current board and shoes at the same time.

Any ideas on how to supplement flick for the time being? I was thinking cross hatching small cuts with a razor/knife if it won't take forever. Or if this is fucking stupid feel free to tell me!
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

diplodocus

• Rep: 164
  • long neck
« Reply #4022 on: October 05, 2023, 01:32:52 PM »
Dragons or X97 for a slippery indoor park? I normally do 99a just fine but this new park is like an ice skating rink. Do a lot of revert tricks.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #4023 on: October 05, 2023, 01:44:55 PM »
Dragons or X97 for a slippery indoor park? I normally do 99a just fine but this new park is like an ice skating rink. Do a lot of revert tricks.
X97 all day and night unless the ground is somehow super rough, while also being slippery

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #4024 on: October 05, 2023, 10:35:30 PM »
any ig accounts covering pros setups?
was few, looks like they stopped

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
« Reply #4025 on: October 05, 2023, 11:30:27 PM »
any ig accounts covering pros setups?
was few, looks like they stopped

Ride Channel or some other group, Alli Sports ? I think used to do pro set up videos, so there's definitely some YT cataloging, but this would be another cool niche IG account for someone to spearhead.
Super Champion Fun Zone

rikki

• Rep: 306
« Reply #4026 on: October 06, 2023, 12:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
X97 all day and night unless the ground is somehow super rough, while also being slippery

Definitely X97. Dragons will feel like woollen socks. Unless that's what you're looking for.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #4027 on: October 07, 2023, 10:52:20 AM »
How do I wash the sweaty disgusting cap I wear while skating? Cap or hat? I don't know, it's this one:

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #4028 on: October 07, 2023, 10:54:29 AM »
How do I wash the sweaty disgusting cap I wear while skating? Cap or hat? I don't know, it's this one:

dishwasher is a recommended method. seems kinda gross to me, but washing machines mess hats up pretty good

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #4029 on: October 07, 2023, 12:22:52 PM »

If it’s not wool, hand soap in a sink w/cold water.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 55
« Reply #4030 on: October 07, 2023, 12:55:27 PM »

Search hat washer for washing machine on Amazon. I wash my hats with the rest of my clothes in the washing machine on cold, low spin, and I put it in a mesh bag. Air dry. Done this a dozen times or so with no issue.

manysnakes

« Reply #4031 on: October 07, 2023, 06:27:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Search hat washer for washing machine on Amazon. I wash my hats with the rest of my clothes in the washing machine on cold, low spin, and I put it in a mesh bag. Air dry. Done this a dozen times or so with no issue.

I use a similar method. I have one of those plastic hat-shaped things and I toss that into a delicates bag and wash on gentle.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:54:35 AM by manysnakes »

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
« Reply #4032 on: October 07, 2023, 08:35:51 PM »
Get some clothing specific bar soap or whatever and wash it in the shower next time you take one
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #4033 on: October 10, 2023, 03:39:09 PM »
anybody else atrocious if they skate more than twice a week?

i thought if i skate all the  time then that'll equal getting better, nope. complete opposite

but if i skate only like twice a week then everything works for some reason

« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 06:07:33 PM by Tom Pearl »

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1041
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4034 on: October 10, 2023, 04:28:47 PM »

i thought if i skate all then time then that'll equal getting better, nope. complete opposite

Sometimes pushing yourself too much can end up overdoing it, so nothing will work to 100% as you still haven't come back from the last session.

Having a reasonable period between strenuous exercise depends on the individual, some people do only skate once or twice a week, others skate almost every day, so it is down to how much you do and what you do to keep yourself going, eg not having enough of the right things, food and drink, can leave you barely functioning, or at least not at your potential.

Whatever the case, getting to know what works for you is the main thing.  Once you figure it out or eat / drink more if you are doing more, then things should come up, but always running on empty is not a good way to do things.

You don't need to have the diet or schedule of an elite athlete, but quite often some things you do or don't do will affect everything more than you might think.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

FUBAR

• Rep: 240
« Reply #4035 on: October 10, 2023, 06:28:07 PM »

When I get a new hat, I will come back from skating and run warm water over it for a few minutes. Really soak it. Then I let it air dry. I get a lot of life from my hats doing this.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4036 on: October 11, 2023, 04:25:39 AM »

How accurate is this thing? Impossible to find here in EU but if anybody could share the dims to 3D printing that would be sick.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

truthislie

• Rep: 60
« Reply #4037 on: October 11, 2023, 04:47:25 AM »
I´m an old ass guy and out of the loop in the real skate world. Watching skatevideos I get the feeling that NB numeric has surpassed Nike SB as the most popular skate shoe brand. I personally like NB better even though I don´t mind skating nike at all. Since my skating nowadays consists of empty solo park sessions I don´t know if NBs following really is bigger now. Probably also depends where you live. Any thoughts?

Dustgod

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4038 on: October 11, 2023, 05:03:06 AM »
I´m an old ass guy and out of the loop in the real skate world. Watching skatevideos I get the feeling that NB numeric has surpassed Nike SB as the most popular skate shoe brand. I personally like NB better even though I don´t mind skating nike at all. Since my skating nowadays consists of empty solo park sessions I don´t know if NBs following really is bigger now. Probably also depends where you live. Any thoughts?

Where I live it’s definitely a fairly even split of Nike, adidas and nb but I seldom see nb on anyone under 30. Those who skate them always have good things to say but I’m sticking with adidas
Nice to meet you, I’m a artis

SupremePizza

• Rep: 55
« Reply #4039 on: October 11, 2023, 09:21:30 AM »

i thought if i skate all the  time then that'll equal getting better, nope. complete opposite

I feel 2-3 times a week is the sweet spot for me. I'm 34 and  even a few hours of low impact skating can take a toll on my knees. I tweaked my back knee under rotating off a kicker when I was snowboarding in 2018 and still get a slight pain from it if I skate too much or don't have supportive shoes. Probably should have seen a doctor but never got to it

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 866
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #4040 on: October 11, 2023, 09:56:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where I live it’s definitely a fairly even split of Nike, adidas and nb but I seldom see nb on anyone under 30. Those who skate them always have good things to say but I’m sticking with adidas
im 24 and numerics are most likely gonna be my main choice
see heads around my age in brooklyn rocking 440/480/808/1010
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

LebowskisRug

« Reply #4041 on: October 11, 2023, 10:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I feel 2-3 times a week is the sweet spot for me. I'm 34 and  even a few hours of low impact skating can take a toll on my knees. I tweaked my back knee under rotating off a kicker when I was snowboarding in 2018 and still get a slight pain from it if I skate too much or don't have supportive shoes. Probably should have seen a doctor but never got to it

I'm the same. I do other activities as well and skating much more just leaves me under-recovered. When I do skate I am pretty much skating non-stop the entire session and have a kinda dependable warm up routine so I can figure out how I am feeling and find some goals for the day. Ben Degros has a video about it, but if you can rattle off one of everything per sesh and focus on cleaning a few things up/trying a few new things over time that will really add up as an effective use of time.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4042 on: October 11, 2023, 10:51:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I use a similar method. I have one of those plastic hat-shaped things and I toss that into a delicates bag and wash on gentle.

i just spray it off with the sprayer from my kitchen sink
i also just wash some of my pants like this where the colour will leak onto other clothes so i cant really machine wash them

when i went on a trip to iceland this summer there was no where to wash my clothes for a reasonable price, so i just washed them using the shower and then dried them on the towel warmer. they smelled fine to me. you can pack a lot lighter this way...

TableClearer

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4043 on: October 12, 2023, 03:31:56 AM »
Was droors clothing always a skate-centric brand?

Found a pair of cargo's the other week and was wondering if they were sold elsewhere after switching to DC?

(little before my time, so excuse the potentially obvious question)

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #4044 on: October 12, 2023, 04:38:23 AM »

How accurate is this thing? Impossible to find here in EU but if anybody could share the dims to 3D printing that would be sick.

You can buy direct from their site, and they ship international if you really want one.  I got one delivered to the UK no problem and it does what it says it does.  Only had to use it once so far, but yeah, it works.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #4045 on: October 12, 2023, 07:35:29 AM »

I use those foamy fabric car seat cleaners on my new eras..

Banned from the room

« Reply #4046 on: October 12, 2023, 08:59:14 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool if Fred had a movie made about him.

I'd fuckin watch that shit. Wouldn't you?

I wish we lived closer because I'd start writing it.

Be like mid 90s meets kids meets Fight of the Navigator cuz you know mofoing aliens been kneeling at the feets of Gall for some time.

In the halls of Valhalla two bust sit right next to my twisted throne which is blackened from the perpetual burning of non hackers and their lack of switch ability.

Not everyone was made for skate hala

Guy Mariano and Fred Gall.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #4047 on: October 12, 2023, 12:56:27 PM »
Dunno if I should ask this in sale gear but does anyone have a line on some cheap but not shitty completes for kids? Thinking of picking a couple up for the toys 4 tots box at work.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -315
« Reply #4048 on: October 12, 2023, 12:58:41 PM »
Dunno if I should ask this in sale gear but does anyone have a line on some cheap but not shitty completes for kids? Thinking of picking a couple up for the toys 4 tots box at work.
I know you said cheap, but don't miss this opportunity to flex on the other parents by dropping off a couple Quasi completes. https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/frontpage/products/euro-phade-complete-8

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
« Reply #4049 on: October 12, 2023, 01:45:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I know you said cheap, but don't miss this opportunity to flex on the other parents by dropping off a couple Quasi completes. https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/frontpage/products/euro-phade-complete-8

Tempting, but I want to get like 3-4 so price does matter somewhat. I was hoping dwindle would be having a fire sale and they kind of are, but TYS shut down checkout until they finish moving to their new location. Tactics has some decent prices ones so I might just do that, but I figured I'd ask around first.