Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 496594 times)

Velcro Wallet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 100
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #4680 on: October 05, 2021, 04:17:37 AM »
If you say ďAce TrucksĒ 5 times in the mirror youíll never have a problem with a set of Aceís ever again. The only downside is @Lhotse standing behind you whispering  close into your ear about popsicles wearing only his soiled adult diapers.

al_cvbrera

• Rep: -44
« Reply #4681 on: October 05, 2021, 05:33:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Not all 'popsicles' are made in China for instance. We have threads and threads about all the information you think you know.
[close]
I know that but who the f*ck cares where it's made?! You think it makes a huge difference and I'm telling you it doesn't and I've owned a ton of them. You'll chew them all up and break them, just as fast. It's just maple veneers and wood glue in a die press, not cold fusion. Believe what you want but if I sanded down any two 'over $50.' popsicle boards and set them up the same, I'd be VERY surprised if you could tell me which was which from riding them. I'm not talking about Walmart decks, the upper-end well known brands but keep insulting me instead of validating your point without other people's help to make yourself feel superior. lmao I can feel your rage from here. ;D
admittedly, as someone that has had some bad takes on slap, holy shit dude what the hell are you on about? i dont think the hill you're on is one you should be willing to die for.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 35
« Reply #4682 on: October 05, 2021, 05:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote
I mean if you're just doing your level of hill bombing and barely competent skating then yeah it'll all ride the same.
[close]

Wow...calling some of you people stupid, just might be insulting to stupid people.
As for where and what I do that you seem so knowledgeable about? THIS! THE most awesome pool, purpose built for skating ever created that we call The Pit, is where I ride the 8.5 Element Seal board that's supposedly so shitty because..I have Size 12 feet and long legs and it's the longest 8.5" deck I could find that fits me.
So go fuck yourself, you pretentious cunt and just to pile on a little more? The Pit is a little more than a 5 minute walk from my house.

The 7 ft deep so-called 'Shallow end'.

The very deep indeed, 12 ft 'Deep end'.

*Ace related sidenote: See the second "m" in "remember"? My Indy 149 hung up right there and I freefell backwards down to the bottom and fractured a rib in my back last year. With my Ace AF1s 55s? I barely feel the bump and I like that a lot. I've never ridden anything that turns like those trucks. Sorry for not hatin'.

*The back of my helmet after that fall

Shredding the gnar gnar dawg  8)

goodatmeth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #4683 on: October 05, 2021, 05:59:10 AM »
I'm about to put my af1s back on just because of Lhotse. They're perfect, just too heavy for me.
Please stay forever Lhotse I love you.
Dude even posted a fit without anybody asking

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 604
« Reply #4684 on: October 05, 2021, 06:11:13 AM »
@Lhotse those are cool pictures of a pool, but no proof of you actually skating it.

However, letís get to the brass tax here -

1. Because people give a dissenting opinion to your (extremely subjective) does not give you the right to throw a temper tantrum and start insulting people. All it does is invalidate any claims you will further make.

2. Donít try and race bait, it is in exceptionally poor taste. All it does is negate the plight of third world workers and show you donít have a requisite understanding of capitalism and global supply chains.

3. I think there is a long boarding forum where you may feel more comfortable. I think itís called silverfish? I used to go to hardcore shows with a kid who pushed mongo and couldnít ollie and loved longboarding who would always talk about it.

In summation, if you want to stick around here and keep posting, please have some civility and express the desire to learn.

Otherwise, please go back to that pool you canít drop in on, crack a couple of cold ones, and talk with the other ignorant pad dads about Jason Jesse got cancelled for no reason by a soft generation of skaters.
Fuck nak. 100 percent of the time he's not chill and not rad and not gnarly. He never let me pet his dog. Hes not rad or chill.

RottenToTheCore

« Reply #4685 on: October 05, 2021, 07:13:45 AM »
@Lhotse those are cool pictures of a pool, but no proof of you actually skating it.

However, letís get to the brass tax here -

1. Because people give a dissenting opinion to your (extremely subjective) does not give you the right to throw a temper tantrum and start insulting people. All it does is invalidate any claims you will further make.

2. Donít try and race bait, it is in exceptionally poor taste. All it does is negate the plight of third world workers and show you donít have a requisite understanding of capitalism and global supply chains.

3. I think there is a long boarding forum where you may feel more comfortable. I think itís called silverfish? I used to go to hardcore shows with a kid who pushed mongo and couldnít ollie and loved longboarding who would always talk about it.

In summation, if you want to stick around here and keep posting, please have some civility and express the desire to learn.

Otherwise, please go back to that pool you canít drop in on, crack a couple of cold ones, and talk with the other ignorant pad dads about Jason Jesse got cancelled for no reason by a soft generation of skaters.

Preach

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #4686 on: October 05, 2021, 07:54:13 AM »
@Lhotse  don't listen to these guys, i hope you stay here forever.you can live on my couch

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4687 on: October 05, 2021, 08:06:31 AM »
Ladies and gentleman, we might be witnesses the a thread (from the calm seas of SHOES & GEAR) entering Classic Slap right before our very eyes.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4688 on: October 05, 2021, 08:09:28 AM »
I would never have guessed that all this hilarity would come from an ace trucks topic but holy shit.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

Macho Taildrop

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
« Reply #4689 on: October 05, 2021, 08:13:04 AM »
I'm a little annoyed that some of you are coming over here and egging this coconut on, but I've been working through it by reading his posts in Joe Biden's voice.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #4690 on: October 05, 2021, 08:15:50 AM »
god bless overconfident barneys. I love them so much.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #4691 on: October 05, 2021, 08:16:13 AM »
I'm a little annoyed that some of you are coming over here and egging this coconut on, but I've been working through it by reading his posts in Joe Biden's voice.

I can't help myself, it's too good

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Foulweather
« Reply #4692 on: October 05, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »

Very helpful. Thank You ;D

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #4693 on: October 05, 2021, 09:47:18 AM »
I donít know if Iím quite ready to trust someone riding an element deck in 2021, but itís good to see itís not all doom and gloom on these last few pages. I have a pair of AF1 55s that Iíve been meaning to setup but every time I check this thread I start to self doubt my decisionÖ

FWIW my very offline friend is like three months into skating the AF1s daily and has reported absolutely no problem, and he says they're better for him than the Classics.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4694 on: October 05, 2021, 09:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I donít know if Iím quite ready to trust someone riding an element deck in 2021, but itís good to see itís not all doom and gloom on these last few pages. I have a pair of AF1 55s that Iíve been meaning to setup but every time I check this thread I start to self doubt my decisionÖ
[close]

1) You have a problem with my deck? It's a popsicle board. With the exception of something like Powell's 'Flight' decks, once you get past $50, there really isn't much difference in any of them. They all get 'private labeled' out the same factory in China with different graphics applied for the customer's brand name. My Element is no different than your Baker, Creature or Plan B but go ahead and bash me if it makes you happy.
2) You actually bought trucks or ANY gear and...you didn't install it within seconds of getting it and ride the sh!t out of it until the sun went down? Do you admire them on a shelf like some 'Objet d'art'? Do you dust them off occasionally?  ;D
and YOU are criticizing ME? REALLY?!  ::)

TBH man, I think he was just teasing you a bit because Element isn't a very cool brand anymore. It's usually better to roll with it than to dig in deep, defending your board choice. No one really cared, but when you start swinging at a gentle ribbing, you come off looking needlessly aggressive.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1206
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube
« Reply #4695 on: October 05, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »
so there are people who actually have not broken the pivot cups?
ONTARIO CANADA

dr.prestige

• Rep: 24
  • Burnt to a crisp
« Reply #4696 on: October 05, 2021, 10:49:56 AM »

I was thinking about trying the AF1s, should I get aftermarket pivot cups and put them in right away?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4697 on: October 05, 2021, 10:51:02 AM »

Yeah, my board-breaker friend is perfectly happy with his stock AF1s, and he's actually something of a gearhead.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1206
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube
« Reply #4698 on: October 05, 2021, 10:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was thinking about trying the AF1s, should I get aftermarket pivot cups and put them in right away?
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, my board-breaker friend is perfectly happy with his stock AF1s, and he's actually something of a gearhead.

nice maybe they have improved on the AF1 because i think everyone was breaking them on the classics
ONTARIO CANADA

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #4699 on: October 05, 2021, 10:52:46 AM »

Yes lots according to some shops / distros with AF1 truck sales in the thousands and minimal / no complaints back to them, so I kind of wonder if or how people are taking out their frustrations, besides online here...

Joy be to Slap!

I would only ever replace them if they have an issue.

Never hurts to have some spare pivot cups around anyway though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

RottenToTheCore

« Reply #4700 on: October 05, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes lots according to some shops / distros with AF1 truck sales in the thousands and minimal / no complaints back to them, so I kind of wonder if or how people are taking out their frustrations, besides online here...

Joy be to Slap!

Expand Quote

[close]

I would only ever replace them if they have an issue.

Never hurts to have some spare pivot cups around anyway though.

My theory now is that itís from slappies. I used to think it was my trucks were too lose when I ran them wiggly, now I run them a bit tighter than factory tightness and I still broke my pivot from doing slappies.

It would be interesting to see how many of the people who broke their pivot cups do a lot of slappies.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Foulweather
« Reply #4701 on: October 05, 2021, 11:01:59 AM »
I've had three sets of classic 44s, two sets of classic 55s, 1 set of AF1 55s and 1 set of AF1 66s and have had zero issues with pivot cups. I am 200lbs, ride loose trucks and like to smash curbs and slash tight transition. I would give them a go and only worry about replacing the cups if you shred them as other people have.

Uh Oh

• Rep: 139
« Reply #4702 on: October 05, 2021, 11:23:27 AM »
Some of the hottest SLAP action in awhile and it goes down in the ACE trucks thread.

Ol Nick

• Rep: 26
« Reply #4703 on: October 05, 2021, 11:25:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

1) You have a problem with my deck? It's a popsicle board. With the exception of something like Powell's 'Flight' decks, once you get past $50, there really isn't much difference in any of them. They all get 'private labeled' out the same factory in China with different graphics applied for the customer's brand name. My Element is no different than your Baker, Creature or Plan B but go ahead and bash me if it makes you happy.
2) You actually bought trucks or ANY gear and...you didn't install it within seconds of getting it and ride the sh!t out of it until the sun went down? Do you admire them on a shelf like some 'Objet d'art'? Do you dust them off occasionally?  ;D
and YOU are criticizing ME? REALLY?!  ::)
[close]

TBH man, I think he was just teasing you a bit because Element isn't a very cool brand anymore. It's usually better to roll with it than to dig in deep, defending your board choice. No one really cared, but when you start swinging at a gentle ribbing, you come off looking needlessly aggressive.
For real. And, that said, considering all the wack brands and graphics people ride just because the board is the ďrightĒ dimensions, simply responding ďitís the longest 8.5 I could findĒ at the beginning instead of freaking the fuck out wouldíve probably ended things right there. Hell, someone who shares the same need for long 8.5s wouldíve probably just linked you to some other shapes youíd probably enjoy (or, like, a thread that discusses deck length as opposed to Ace trucks) and that wouldíve been it.

DarkPools

• Rep: 54
  • Slamma Jamma
« Reply #4704 on: October 05, 2021, 12:09:47 PM »
You're out of your Element, Lhotse!!   8) ::)
Super Champion Fun Zone

saltusnaut

• Rep: 19
« Reply #4705 on: October 05, 2021, 12:31:22 PM »
3 months on af1 66 no issues

logjammin

• Rep: 33
« Reply #4706 on: October 05, 2021, 01:07:25 PM »
What the McFuck happened in here.

IpathCats

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -145
« Reply #4707 on: October 05, 2021, 01:09:20 PM »
What the McFuck happened in here.

Some dude just had one of the worst days of his retirement. He's probably so confused right now.
.....Nah

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Itís 1990 boys, letís get rid of the skeletons.
« Reply #4708 on: October 05, 2021, 01:31:12 PM »
To borrow from @pugmaster, ĒDag Gum It!Ē
It appears I missed all the fun.
Canít believe that Iíve slept on this thread for long enough to miss all of the Lhotse fireworks.
Homey really is making the rest of us older dudes, who actually still take this shit seriously, look pretty bad.
Iím sorry to all of you on behalf of the aged.
Not as sorry as I feel about missing out on this awesome, minor slice of SLAP history.
Truly an epic read.
Great stuff PALS.

Joey Tershay is a Nigerian prince (and Ace loves him!)

dr.prestige

• Rep: 24
  • Burnt to a crisp
« Reply #4709 on: October 05, 2021, 01:49:23 PM »
To borrow from @pugmaster, ĒDag Gum It!Ē
It appears I missed all the fun.
Canít believe that Iíve slept on this thread for long enough to miss all of the Lhotse fireworks.
Homey really is making the rest of us older dudes, who actually still take this shit seriously, look pretty bad.
Iím sorry to all of you on behalf of the aged.
Not as sorry as I feel about missing out on this awesome, minor slice of SLAP history.
Truly an epic read.
Great stuff PALS.

on some Amazon dot com type shit, if you liked this thread, you may also enjoy:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=118756.0

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=10804.msg3651415#msg3651415