Author Topic: Ace trucks  (Read 738947 times)

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
Re: Ace trucks
« Reply #4650 on: October 04, 2021, 07:01:09 PM »
Ace thread always delivering the heat in the calm cool ocean of Shoes & Gear.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4651 on: October 04, 2021, 07:39:28 PM »
The ball is still in your court @Lhotse

What is your go-to iHOP order?

Quit beating around the bush
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4652 on: October 04, 2021, 07:55:58 PM »
Expand Quote
With all due respect, this is incorrect. Boards manufactured overseas from where they are sold have to be shipped, and the conditions that the wood endures whether flown or shipped significantly affect its structural integrity.
[close]

I don't care about that anymore than where the wood came from or what brand of wood glue they used or what town it's from, I'll fall back on my original point, how does it ride?
and not for nothing, implying that Chinese workers are somehow inferior to any other country is just ignorant. They make everything you're wearing and almost everything else in your house. Nowpeople wanna get fussy about origin because it's skateboards and not Air Jordans? 'the f*ck outta here with that. I say NONE of that sales-pitch bullshit means anything unless you can ride it. Just like golf, you can't buy skill in a store.
I mean if you're just doing your level of hill bombing and barely competent skating then yeah it'll all ride the same.

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #4653 on: October 04, 2021, 08:07:52 PM »
What is your go-to iHOP order @Lhotse? Myself, I like saying "rooty-tooty-fresh-n-fruity" out loud, but when it comes down to it, you can bet your bottom dollar I order the sampler with a side of biscuits and gravy.

All of this brings me to my next point:
What ever happened to good ol' fashioned family fun? Heck, every Wednesday night as a kid we'd have family board game night. We'd order in pizza or some other type of take out and just really get to know each other.  Scrabble, Monopoly, Risk, you name it.  Charades was a family classic at the pugmaster household*!

So much has changed... smart phones have everyone like zombies these days. Even at the Elk's lodge!  I'm like, "everyone, put down that DAG GUM** PHONE!" Makes me fit to be tied!

*Before the divorce
**I actually say God damn

This whole thing was kind of annoying until this point, thank you for your service.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #4654 on: October 04, 2021, 09:42:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Lhotse,

If you grew up through the 70’s and 80’s, you know that people could be just as obsessive about their gear as people now. Especially trucks. This is no different than then.
Kids now that do through decks monthly or even weekly do notice differences in manufacturing. I’m not at that level, so like you I don’t notice nor care, but there is a huge thread dedicated just to US woodshops, and which brands use them.

As for Ace, except for having to drill out a mounting hole because it wasn’t big enough for a bolt to pass through (not great quality control), I haven’t had a problem with Ace yet either.

But half this thread is people talking about the shitty problems they’ve had with Ace’s. So it was a bit funny when you came in talking about how everyone loves them and don’t have any problems.

Which is fine, but people on here take it as seriously as skaters have always taken this shit, and the whole point of these gear forums is for people to quibble about stuff.
[close]

Yea, I know, you're right of course but man, do they have to get so cunty about it? I said I liked something, not "something sucks" and then this.

Welcome to SLAP.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4655 on: October 04, 2021, 09:50:20 PM »
Element sucks and that old man is posting too much in here

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4656 on: October 04, 2021, 11:17:57 PM »
Ace thread always delivering the heat in the calm cool ocean of Shoes & Gear.

Shoes & Gear is a sea of tranquility compared to UWTB, but this is just too entertaining. Everyone needs brown sugar in their oatmeal occasionally.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #4657 on: October 04, 2021, 11:44:12 PM »
I don’t know if I’m quite ready to trust someone riding an element deck in 2021, but it’s good to see it’s not all doom and gloom on these last few pages. I have a pair of AF1 55s that I’ve been meaning to setup but every time I check this thread I start to self doubt my decision…

Throw them on. I’m on both classics and AF1 66s, and I love them both (except for the one mounting hole that was too small.
I had to ride my Indys pretty loose to get the nice-feeling turn, but not these. They have a nice stable center that dips into great-feeling turns.

Slapping the shit out of them, they work great for my old-man steeze.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Lhotse

• Rep: -36
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4658 on: October 05, 2021, 03:30:58 AM »
I mean if you're just doing your level of hill bombing and barely competent skating then yeah it'll all ride the same.

Wow...calling some of you people stupid, just might be insulting to stupid people.
As for where and what I do that you seem so knowledgeable about? THIS! THE most awesome pool, purpose built for skating ever created that we call The Pit, is where I ride the 8.5 Element Seal board that's supposedly so shitty because..I have Size 12 feet and long legs and it's the longest 8.5" deck I could find that fits me.
So go fuck yourself, you pretentious cunt and just to pile on a little more? The Pit is a little more than a 5 minute walk from my house.

The 7 ft deep so-called 'Shallow end'.

The very deep indeed, 12 ft 'Deep end'.

*Ace related sidenote: See the second "m" in "remember"? My Indy 149 hung up right there and I freefell backwards down to the bottom and fractured a rib in my back last year. With my Ace AF1s 55s? I barely feel the bump and I like that a lot. I've never ridden anything that turns like those trucks. Sorry for not hatin'.

*The back of my helmet after that fall

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 03:56:19 AM by Lhotse »

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #4659 on: October 05, 2021, 04:17:37 AM »
If you say “Ace Trucks” 5 times in the mirror you’ll never have a problem with a set of Ace’s ever again. The only downside is @Lhotse standing behind you whispering  close into your ear about popsicles wearing only his soiled adult diapers.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #4660 on: October 05, 2021, 05:33:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Not all 'popsicles' are made in China for instance. We have threads and threads about all the information you think you know.
[close]
I know that but who the f*ck cares where it's made?! You think it makes a huge difference and I'm telling you it doesn't and I've owned a ton of them. You'll chew them all up and break them, just as fast. It's just maple veneers and wood glue in a die press, not cold fusion. Believe what you want but if I sanded down any two 'over $50.' popsicle boards and set them up the same, I'd be VERY surprised if you could tell me which was which from riding them. I'm not talking about Walmart decks, the upper-end well known brands but keep insulting me instead of validating your point without other people's help to make yourself feel superior. lmao I can feel your rage from here. ;D
admittedly, as someone that has had some bad takes on slap, holy shit dude what the hell are you on about? i dont think the hill you're on is one you should be willing to die for.

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #4661 on: October 05, 2021, 05:39:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wow...calling some of you people stupid, just might be insulting to stupid people.
As for where and what I do that you seem so knowledgeable about? THIS! THE most awesome pool, purpose built for skating ever created that we call The Pit, is where I ride the 8.5 Element Seal board that's supposedly so shitty because..I have Size 12 feet and long legs and it's the longest 8.5" deck I could find that fits me.
So go fuck yourself, you pretentious cunt and just to pile on a little more? The Pit is a little more than a 5 minute walk from my house.

The 7 ft deep so-called 'Shallow end'.

The very deep indeed, 12 ft 'Deep end'.

*Ace related sidenote: See the second "m" in "remember"? My Indy 149 hung up right there and I freefell backwards down to the bottom and fractured a rib in my back last year. With my Ace AF1s 55s? I barely feel the bump and I like that a lot. I've never ridden anything that turns like those trucks. Sorry for not hatin'.

*The back of my helmet after that fall

Shredding the gnar gnar dawg  8)

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #4662 on: October 05, 2021, 05:59:10 AM »
I'm about to put my af1s back on just because of Lhotse. They're perfect, just too heavy for me.
Please stay forever Lhotse I love you.
Dude even posted a fit without anybody asking

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #4663 on: October 05, 2021, 06:11:13 AM »
@Lhotse those are cool pictures of a pool, but no proof of you actually skating it.

However, let’s get to the brass tax here -

1. Because people give a dissenting opinion to your (extremely subjective) does not give you the right to throw a temper tantrum and start insulting people. All it does is invalidate any claims you will further make.

2. Don’t try and race bait, it is in exceptionally poor taste. All it does is negate the plight of third world workers and show you don’t have a requisite understanding of capitalism and global supply chains.

3. I think there is a long boarding forum where you may feel more comfortable. I think it’s called silverfish? I used to go to hardcore shows with a kid who pushed mongo and couldn’t ollie and loved longboarding who would always talk about it.

In summation, if you want to stick around here and keep posting, please have some civility and express the desire to learn.

Otherwise, please go back to that pool you can’t drop in on, crack a couple of cold ones, and talk with the other ignorant pad dads about Jason Jesse got cancelled for no reason by a soft generation of skaters.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

RottenToTheCore

« Reply #4664 on: October 05, 2021, 07:13:45 AM »
@Lhotse those are cool pictures of a pool, but no proof of you actually skating it.

However, let’s get to the brass tax here -

1. Because people give a dissenting opinion to your (extremely subjective) does not give you the right to throw a temper tantrum and start insulting people. All it does is invalidate any claims you will further make.

2. Don’t try and race bait, it is in exceptionally poor taste. All it does is negate the plight of third world workers and show you don’t have a requisite understanding of capitalism and global supply chains.

3. I think there is a long boarding forum where you may feel more comfortable. I think it’s called silverfish? I used to go to hardcore shows with a kid who pushed mongo and couldn’t ollie and loved longboarding who would always talk about it.

In summation, if you want to stick around here and keep posting, please have some civility and express the desire to learn.

Otherwise, please go back to that pool you can’t drop in on, crack a couple of cold ones, and talk with the other ignorant pad dads about Jason Jesse got cancelled for no reason by a soft generation of skaters.

Preach

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #4665 on: October 05, 2021, 07:54:13 AM »
@Lhotse  don't listen to these guys, i hope you stay here forever.you can live on my couch

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4666 on: October 05, 2021, 08:06:31 AM »
Ladies and gentleman, we might be witnesses the a thread (from the calm seas of SHOES & GEAR) entering Classic Slap right before our very eyes.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #4667 on: October 05, 2021, 08:09:28 AM »
I would never have guessed that all this hilarity would come from an ace trucks topic but holy shit.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4668 on: October 05, 2021, 08:13:04 AM »
I'm a little annoyed that some of you are coming over here and egging this coconut on, but I've been working through it by reading his posts in Joe Biden's voice.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #4669 on: October 05, 2021, 08:15:50 AM »
god bless overconfident barneys. I love them so much.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #4670 on: October 05, 2021, 08:16:13 AM »
I'm a little annoyed that some of you are coming over here and egging this coconut on, but I've been working through it by reading his posts in Joe Biden's voice.

I can't help myself, it's too good

Frank and Fred

« Reply #4671 on: October 05, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »

Very helpful. Thank You ;D

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #4672 on: October 05, 2021, 09:47:18 AM »
I don’t know if I’m quite ready to trust someone riding an element deck in 2021, but it’s good to see it’s not all doom and gloom on these last few pages. I have a pair of AF1 55s that I’ve been meaning to setup but every time I check this thread I start to self doubt my decision…

FWIW my very offline friend is like three months into skating the AF1s daily and has reported absolutely no problem, and he says they're better for him than the Classics.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4673 on: October 05, 2021, 09:52:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

1) You have a problem with my deck? It's a popsicle board. With the exception of something like Powell's 'Flight' decks, once you get past $50, there really isn't much difference in any of them. They all get 'private labeled' out the same factory in China with different graphics applied for the customer's brand name. My Element is no different than your Baker, Creature or Plan B but go ahead and bash me if it makes you happy.
2) You actually bought trucks or ANY gear and...you didn't install it within seconds of getting it and ride the sh!t out of it until the sun went down? Do you admire them on a shelf like some 'Objet d'art'? Do you dust them off occasionally?  ;D
and YOU are criticizing ME? REALLY?!  ::)

TBH man, I think he was just teasing you a bit because Element isn't a very cool brand anymore. It's usually better to roll with it than to dig in deep, defending your board choice. No one really cared, but when you start swinging at a gentle ribbing, you come off looking needlessly aggressive.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #4674 on: October 05, 2021, 10:47:14 AM »
so there are people who actually have not broken the pivot cups?
ONTARIO CANADA

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4675 on: October 05, 2021, 10:49:56 AM »

I was thinking about trying the AF1s, should I get aftermarket pivot cups and put them in right away?

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4676 on: October 05, 2021, 10:51:02 AM »

Yeah, my board-breaker friend is perfectly happy with his stock AF1s, and he's actually something of a gearhead.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #4677 on: October 05, 2021, 10:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was thinking about trying the AF1s, should I get aftermarket pivot cups and put them in right away?
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, my board-breaker friend is perfectly happy with his stock AF1s, and he's actually something of a gearhead.

nice maybe they have improved on the AF1 because i think everyone was breaking them on the classics
ONTARIO CANADA

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #4678 on: October 05, 2021, 10:52:46 AM »

Yes lots according to some shops / distros with AF1 truck sales in the thousands and minimal / no complaints back to them, so I kind of wonder if or how people are taking out their frustrations, besides online here...

Joy be to Slap!

I would only ever replace them if they have an issue.

Never hurts to have some spare pivot cups around anyway though.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

RottenToTheCore

« Reply #4679 on: October 05, 2021, 11:00:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes lots according to some shops / distros with AF1 truck sales in the thousands and minimal / no complaints back to them, so I kind of wonder if or how people are taking out their frustrations, besides online here...

Joy be to Slap!

Expand Quote

[close]

I would only ever replace them if they have an issue.

Never hurts to have some spare pivot cups around anyway though.

My theory now is that it’s from slappies. I used to think it was my trucks were too lose when I ran them wiggly, now I run them a bit tighter than factory tightness and I still broke my pivot from doing slappies.

It would be interesting to see how many of the people who broke their pivot cups do a lot of slappies.