Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 689456 times)

Diocletian

Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #2850 on: September 16, 2020, 10:48:07 AM »
Completely understand. This rule might help you: Animal waste OK. Human Waste means replace. Except trucks. Do whatever you can to clean and keep your trucks.

I know what you mean. Poop is gross, my board would never feel right to me even after the disinfecting process. I rotate 2-3 pairs of shoes at a time, and if any of them steps in shit I just throw them away. Can't deal with trying to pick shit from the crevaces of an outsole.

cjt

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2851 on: September 16, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Completely understand. This rule might help you: Animal waste OK. Human Waste means replace. Except trucks. Do whatever you can to clean and keep your trucks.
[close]

I know what you mean. Poop is gross, my board would never feel right to me even after the disinfecting process. I rotate 2-3 pairs of shoes at a time, and if any of them steps in shit I just throw them away. Can't deal with trying to pick shit from the crevaces of an outsole.

If i step in shit I shelve the shoe out of rotation (quarantined) for at least a month then bang the fucker on the sidewalk, no shit hath ever survived

on topic of F4, I picked up some 56mm 99a conical fulls. I wanted smaller (51-53), but it's all the local homie shop had. I'm really enjoying them over the 51mm 99a radial slims I just ruined by shaving off a huge chunk boardsliding a manny pad. They lost their size super quick, so I'm hoping these new 56s will do the same and I'll end up even happier in the end.

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #2852 on: September 16, 2020, 02:03:16 PM »
Dumb question. I looking to get new wheels. With spitfire (and bones) offering so many shapes I’m like what do I need? I skate street and a diy rarely hit the park.  I’m on 101 radials now. Trying get some flip tricks back etc do I need 99a f4 classics or 99a tablets or neither?

Edit. Is there a wheel that’s good for flip tricks and feels stable and can bomb the occasional hill.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #2853 on: September 16, 2020, 02:10:33 PM »
Dumb question. I looking to get new wheels. With spitfire (and bones) offering so many shapes I’m like what do I need? I skate street and a diy rarely hit the park.  I’m on 101 radials now. Trying get some flip tricks back etc do I need 99a f4 classics or 99a tablets or neither?

I guess it mostly depends on your preferences and the terrain around you. Classics and tablets are both pretty skinny and pretty light, but tablets have a much wider contact patch, so they're much better on crusty ground but harder to slide around. Radial slims might be another good option if you like the radial, but want something more agile.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #2854 on: September 16, 2020, 04:14:41 PM »

Edit. Is there a wheel that’s good for flip tricks and feels stable and can bomb the occasional hill.

The answer is always 99a Conical Full

50 Lions

• Rep: -57
« Reply #2855 on: September 16, 2020, 04:42:57 PM »
Just looking for a bit of advice. I’ve only ever skated bones and I’m looking to give Spitfire A shot.

I’m currently skating

STF V1,  53mm 103A

What would be a good conversion? Is there a clear cut Spitfire wheel that I shouldn’t look past?

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:53:18 PM by 50 Lions »

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #2856 on: September 16, 2020, 04:48:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Radials or radial slims flip a little easier in my experience. Conical full is a more fun shape, though. They feel like riding a bulldozer.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2857 on: September 17, 2020, 05:05:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This x 2
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #2858 on: September 17, 2020, 05:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This x 2

I’m gonna counter that with a x 3
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #2859 on: September 17, 2020, 05:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This x 2
[close]

I dont know man. Been on a classics kick, they just go down easier throwing your board around in the air. That and worn down classics just looks the part.

Conical fulls are more bulldozer, got a fresh set of 55 99a rowans for my next setup though just for a change up.

All this being said "The answer is always 99a Conical Full F4s"

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #2860 on: September 17, 2020, 09:50:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This x 2
[close]

[close]

I dont know man. Been on a classics kick, they just go down easier throwing your board around in the air. That and worn down classics just looks the part.

Conical fulls are more bulldozer, got a fresh set of 55 99a rowans for my next setup though just for a change up.

I feellike Tablets are a nice middle ground between Conical Fulls and Classics, since the riding surface is almost the same as the Conical Fulls yet they have a much slimmer profile. I fucking love my Tablets

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2861 on: September 17, 2020, 07:43:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
This x 2
[close]

[close]

Worn down classics = conicals
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Diocletian

« Reply #2862 on: September 18, 2020, 12:50:12 PM »
I didn't know non-F4 "bigheads" are actually like a classic full F4 shape, these are way better. Can't do classic shape anymore after being on big wide wheels, they look too skinny. I recommend the bigheads, that is all.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2863 on: September 18, 2020, 07:32:46 PM »
looking for an 51mm f4 to pair with venture lows. classics, tablets, or conical? been skating flat, curbs, ledges, and small gaps
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2864 on: September 18, 2020, 08:03:05 PM »
looking for an 51mm f4 to pair with venture lows. classics, tablets, or conical? been skating flat, curbs, ledges, and small gaps

classics have least wheelbite and a bit more nimble, tablets or conicals a little better for all terrain and lock in. to be honest wheel shapes for the most part really is splitting hairs so dont trip about it too much.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2865 on: September 23, 2020, 12:27:05 PM »
anyone have measurements of the classic full? (not to be confused with OG classic shape)

edit nvm found it
Classic full 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 19

Spitfire Classic Full 52mm F4 99A Wheels: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

Radial 54mm - wheel width 34 riding surface 20

Spitfire Formula Four 99D Radial 52mm | Multi | Wheels | 2111002252 |  Caliroots

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2866 on: September 23, 2020, 05:12:52 PM »
I’m sure I’m late to this but when did spitfire start getting manufactured in Mexico? I thought they was made in SF?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2867 on: September 23, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »
I didn't know non-F4 "bigheads" are actually like a classic full F4 shape, these are way better. Can't do classic shape anymore after being on big wide wheels, they look too skinny. I recommend the bigheads, that is all.
Thank you for unraveling the mystery of the bighead shape. I've always wondered...
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2868 on: September 23, 2020, 11:05:52 PM »
Someone was selling almost new knock off Spitfire Conicals for $15, thought I would give them a try to see how well they hold up. The are Conical Fulls and I'm riding Bones V3 at the moment, not sure if I can handle the girth.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
« Reply #2869 on: September 23, 2020, 11:52:32 PM »
I’m sure I’m late to this but when did spitfire start getting manufactured in Mexico? I thought they was made in SF?

F4 still are as far as I know, did you get a new set with made in Mexico on them?

knee surgery

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2870 on: September 24, 2020, 05:52:37 AM »
is the f4 classics formula any different? bought some 54mm 99a f4 classics and they don't feel like my old non-classics ones (regular 99a f4s), they actually feel like minilogos or some cheap ass wheels.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #2871 on: September 24, 2020, 06:09:14 AM »
happy i came across some 99a f4 classics in 54mm. i'm so goddamn broke, but i'll be damned if i don't set up at least one set of new wheels this year. my current pair is now over a year old because i cheaped out on stocking up before winter last year and is down to what feels like less than 50mm. also need a reason to use those big ball bearings i bought almost a year ago that i didn't want to put into some worn down wheels.

Diocletian

« Reply #2872 on: September 24, 2020, 07:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thank you for unraveling the mystery of the bighead shape. I've always wondered...

Yeah I dig em. Wish they still made classic fulls though because these non-F4's flatspot really easily.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2873 on: September 24, 2020, 08:07:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

F4 still are as far as I know, did you get a new set with made in Mexico on them?

Yeah they are F4 99a classics. I’m sure they’ll skate fine just kinda of a bummer because if I have the option I’d like to buy American and I thought  spits was made in USA and I’ll prob start buying bones after these. 

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2874 on: September 24, 2020, 08:41:25 AM »
You're late on this they've been made in Mexico for years now

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2875 on: September 24, 2020, 10:46:01 AM »
My bad. Thats a bummer. It’s been a few years since I got new wheels. So it makes since. Either way bummer

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #2876 on: September 24, 2020, 05:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
My bad. Thats a bummer. It’s been a few years since I got new wheels. So it makes since. Either way bummer

Why a bummer? It’s like decks being outsourced to Mexico... keeps the cost down, quality up, and promotes trade between boarders.

I like some bones, but just cause they’re rich enough to keep their production in the states and carry the nice guy shtick doesn’t mean they’re any better or your money is going to anything more sustainable.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2877 on: September 24, 2020, 08:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Why a bummer? It’s like decks being outsourced to Mexico... keeps the cost down, quality up, and promotes trade between boarders.

I like some bones, but just cause they’re rich enough to keep their production in the states and carry the nice guy shtick doesn’t mean they’re any better or your money is going to anything more sustainable.

Yeah I mean you’re right. But if I have the option of buying American I would prefer to do so. Jobs and all that. I work in manufacturing as a machinist and so I just prefer if I have the option to opt for supporting manufacturing and jobs in America. I don’t disagree with what your saying. But it’s just a preference

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2878 on: September 29, 2020, 05:01:08 PM »
F-4’s were Spitfires answer to Bones STF and SPF.  I’ve tried both and I’ve learned a few thing’s.  Bones are a knockoff and close enough wheels compared to Spitfires the rest are garbage.
Dueces Bitch's

Frank and Fred

« Reply #2879 on: September 29, 2020, 05:22:47 PM »
I try to make ethical purchases. I care about labor conditions, environmental regulations and so on but F4s are so good, I might not care if my first born was enslaved and forced to pour F4 urethane for her whole childhood as it enhances my skateboard experience that much.

I joke of course...  If F4s were really shitting on the planet and workers that badly I would reluctantly settle for the 99a STFs.