Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1576596 times)

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10110 on: May 11, 2021, 08:07:46 PM »
Was interviewing for a new job and made it to the offer stage at a company I was really looking to work for. Good team, challenging work environment, grow sector in the IT industry. Got the offer letter and the pay package was a sizable decrease from my current check, essentially a 20% decrease. It is a sales job with a variable component, so while I understand the dip package, I didn't expect the drop to be as drastic. I replied the email with a counter offer to put me closer to my current package but we will see how that goes. Worst case it's back to spamming out resumes on Linkedin.

Iíve been in sales 20 years in many different industries. If you want to explain more about what you are being offered I can probably tell you the pitfalls of the offer.

Also, do you know why the position is open? Most important question in a sales interview. Let me know and I can give you my seasoned opinion.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10111 on: May 14, 2021, 06:13:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Was interviewing for a new job and made it to the offer stage at a company I was really looking to work for. Good team, challenging work environment, grow sector in the IT industry. Got the offer letter and the pay package was a sizable decrease from my current check, essentially a 20% decrease. It is a sales job with a variable component, so while I understand the dip package, I didn't expect the drop to be as drastic. I replied the email with a counter offer to put me closer to my current package but we will see how that goes. Worst case it's back to spamming out resumes on Linkedin.
[close]

Iíve been in sales 20 years in many different industries. If you want to explain more about what you are being offered I can probably tell you the pitfalls of the offer.

Also, do you know why the position is open? Most important question in a sales interview. Let me know and I can give you my seasoned opinion.

I wanted to come back to this and say I landed the job with a pay package very close to my expectations. Big thanks to @GardenSkater77 for sharing his wisdom and experience.

Shalom.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 757
« Reply #10112 on: May 15, 2021, 08:33:09 AM »
Iíve always been too intimidated by chess to ever seriously learn how to play it.  I know what some of the pieces do (ex. the horseys move in Lís) but the cost/reward of the mental exhaustion required to go from chess moron to actually beating someone just doesnít seem worth it.

johnes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -201
« Reply #10113 on: May 15, 2021, 11:25:57 AM »
Iíve always been too intimidated by chess to ever seriously learn how to play it.  I know what some of the pieces do (ex. the horseys move in Lís) but the cost/reward of the mental exhaustion required to go from chess moron to actually beating someone just doesnít seem worth it.
You could download a chess app and play on an easy setting to learn. I personally have never found chess to be mentally exhausting.
I used to go play with my cousin, bring some beer and just hang out and play a few games. Itís probably beneficial for your brain to learn new things like playing chess.
Unless maybe you feel like losing would make you feel bad mentally?
I recently learned to play sudoku, but I still play on easy mode, Iíve done medium a couple times but itís still fun and challenging on easy.
Iím a fat Siamese cat.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
« Reply #10114 on: June 02, 2021, 09:20:37 PM »

get the chess.com app and play speed chess .. youíll pick it up very quickly and learn how quick checkmate moves by having other people do it to you .. then, after the game you can fill the board and view it from their side and follow their moves from start to finish .. itís pretty fun to checkmate people quickly
dont shalom me if you don't know me.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #10115 on: June 03, 2021, 10:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

get the chess.com app and play speed chess .. youíll pick it up very quickly and learn how quick checkmate moves by having other people do it to you .. then, after the game you can fill the board and view it from their side and follow their moves from start to finish .. itís pretty fun to checkmate people quickly

I tried learning. I know the moves, but I don't have the patience to learn how to be good at it.

Learning chess just taught me that I like games like uno and monopoly more. Bonehead games like that.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #10116 on: June 03, 2021, 09:49:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I tried learning. I know the moves, but I don't have the patience to learn how to be good at it.

Learning chess just taught me that I like games like uno and monopoly more. Bonehead games like that.
Uno is the shit
RIP C.J.
RIP Henry

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 547
« Reply #10117 on: June 04, 2021, 07:33:34 AM »
i love the new blair ep and i always have to cry when the part with these lyrics in by the c come on because they hit me very hard somehow:

I roll the dice for every choice
Roll with me, walk with me, everything's hard for me
I bite my tongue I hate my voice
hard to speak, hard to breath, when I bleed constantly
gotta call my mom hope shes good
hi mommy, I'm sorry, I'd like to speak eventually
take a step back could have been me who died last week

especially the last line when the whole part escalates in in "aaaaahhhhhhhs" on "whooooooooos" from everyone in the back. i don't know what it is, but it's crushing me down everytime. i miss my bros and friends from way back and i hope my mom is ok because i haven't been able to reach her for a week :(

DaleSr

• Rep: 97
« Reply #10118 on: June 09, 2021, 08:51:33 PM »
i love the new blair ep and i always have to cry when the part with these lyrics in by the c come on because they hit me very hard somehow:

especially the last line when the whole part escalates in in "aaaaahhhhhhhs" on "whooooooooos" from everyone in the back. i don't know what it is, but it's crushing me down everytime. i miss my bros and friends from way back and i hope my mom is ok because i haven't been able to reach her for a week :(

Dude that sucks, is she normally hard to get a hold of?
Sinner really is making the US look like some sort of bandana republic.

Damn your girl got you kreper kingpins? She's a kreper

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 547
« Reply #10119 on: June 10, 2021, 12:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude that sucks, is she normally hard to get a hold of?

yeah man, i've talked to her since, but sometimes it takes a week or so. my parents are both old as hell. they haven't kept up with the times and have serious trouble operating smartphones. my mom literally gets freaked out by hers and then just keeps it in a corner. we managed to do a whats app video call once but that required a few regular calls beforehand to set it up. i know there is nothing to setup basically but what i mean i had to tell them what symbols to push and which buttons to drag and stuff.