Author Topic: real confessions  (Read 1734822 times)

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: real confessions
« Reply #10560 on: September 23, 2022, 05:31:06 AM »
I spiked some amphetamines and then decided to snort 5 more throughout the day, ultimately taking way too much and just feeling disgusting both physically and emotionally. Then to make sure no bruising was visible on my arm I decided to burn myself with a hot pan, which was a success but subsequently is irritating. I'm a lifelong addict with fairly serious mental health issues and suicidal ideation about to turn 34 next month, I've been off heroin for coming up on 6 years (albeit on suboxone maintenance) and off powdered cocaine/crack for 5 years. I'm currently the Operations Manager for a small food producer in which the owners have completely fucked off, leaving me with no support and the bourdon of shouldering most of the weight of their company in regards to basically every aspect of the company. Simply put, I'm being stretched too thin, overworked and underappreciated. Not to mention that a guy that I brought in to cook for us lasted about an hour before he was being rushed to the emergency room, somehow getting "stuck" on a rotary mixer, spinning around 3 or 4 times on it before being ejected over the back of it (he's lucky he wasn't killed) and is now suing the company despite the fact that he turned machinery on that he was not authorized to utilize (that was last week). Pretty sure he was trying to get a workers compensation claim and it got out of control. Regardless I'm so fucking drained on life, ready to call it a rap if I can't change the situation. I just want to skate, actually be able to put 100% behind it like I did when I was a kid, one of the only things that ever made me happy. I let drugs and the bullshit of existence get in the way of that the last 15+ years and I feel like I've only got one more opportunity to do something meaningful with my skateboard before it's too late. The last part I put out was in 2009 for my friend's video and that was my last real go with filming before drugs really got in the way and besides a couple of other personal fulfilment goals, that is the biggest thing I want to do for myself and myself only, put together a part I can actually be proud of and know I put everything I had into it.     
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:23:49 AM by Jim and Dan »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

sacking rails

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #10561 on: September 23, 2022, 06:04:22 AM »
I spiked some amphetamines and then decided to snort 5 more throughout the day, ultimately taking way too much and just feeling disgusting both physically and emotionally. Then to make sure no bruising was visible on my arm I decided to burn myself with a hot pan, which was a success but subsequently is irritating. I'm a lifelong addict with fairly serious mental health issues and suicidal ideation about to turn 34 next month, I've been off heroin for coming up on 6 years (albeit on suboxone maintenance) and off powdered cocaine/crack for 5 years. I'm currently the Operations Manager for a small food producer in which the owners have completely fucked off, leaving me with no support and the bourdon of shouldering most of the weight of their company in regards to basically every aspect of the company. Simply put, I'm being stretched too thin, overworked and underappreciated. Not to mention that I guy that I brought in to cook for us lasted about an hour before he was being rushed to the emergency room, somehow getting "stuck" on a rotary mixer, spinning around 3 or 4 times on it before being ejected over the back of it (he's lucky he wasn't killed) and is now suing the company despite the fact that he turned machinery on that he was not authorized to utilize. Pretty sure he was trying to get a workers compensation claim and it got out of control. Regardless I'm so fucking drained on life, ready to call it a rap if I can't change the situation. I just want to skate, actually be able to put 100% behind it like I did when I was a kid, one of the only things that ever made me happy. I let drugs and the bullshit of existence get in the way of that the last 15+ years and I feel like I've only got one more opportunity to do something meaningful with my skateboard before it's too late.   
real shit man you got this dont give up

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10562 on: September 23, 2022, 07:44:36 AM »
Expand Quote
I spiked some amphetamines and then decided to snort 5 more throughout the day, ultimately taking way too much and just feeling disgusting both physically and emotionally. Then to make sure no bruising was visible on my arm I decided to burn myself with a hot pan, which was a success but subsequently is irritating. I'm a lifelong addict with fairly serious mental health issues and suicidal ideation about to turn 34 next month, I've been off heroin for coming up on 6 years (albeit on suboxone maintenance) and off powdered cocaine/crack for 5 years. I'm currently the Operations Manager for a small food producer in which the owners have completely fucked off, leaving me with no support and the bourdon of shouldering most of the weight of their company in regards to basically every aspect of the company. Simply put, I'm being stretched too thin, overworked and underappreciated. Not to mention that I guy that I brought in to cook for us lasted about an hour before he was being rushed to the emergency room, somehow getting "stuck" on a rotary mixer, spinning around 3 or 4 times on it before being ejected over the back of it (he's lucky he wasn't killed) and is now suing the company despite the fact that he turned machinery on that he was not authorized to utilize. Pretty sure he was trying to get a workers compensation claim and it got out of control. Regardless I'm so fucking drained on life, ready to call it a rap if I can't change the situation. I just want to skate, actually be able to put 100% behind it like I did when I was a kid, one of the only things that ever made me happy. I let drugs and the bullshit of existence get in the way of that the last 15+ years and I feel like I've only got one more opportunity to do something meaningful with my skateboard before it's too late.   
[close]
real shit man you got this dont give up
absolutely second that.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #10563 on: September 23, 2022, 09:55:40 PM »
I spiked some amphetamines and then decided to snort 5 more throughout the day, ultimately taking way too much and just feeling disgusting both physically and emotionally. Then to make sure no bruising was visible on my arm I decided to burn myself with a hot pan, which was a success but subsequently is irritating. I'm a lifelong addict with fairly serious mental health issues and suicidal ideation about to turn 34 next month, I've been off heroin for coming up on 6 years (albeit on suboxone maintenance) and off powdered cocaine/crack for 5 years. I'm currently the Operations Manager for a small food producer in which the owners have completely fucked off, leaving me with no support and the bourdon of shouldering most of the weight of their company in regards to basically every aspect of the company. Simply put, I'm being stretched too thin, overworked and underappreciated. Not to mention that a guy that I brought in to cook for us lasted about an hour before he was being rushed to the emergency room, somehow getting "stuck" on a rotary mixer, spinning around 3 or 4 times on it before being ejected over the back of it (he's lucky he wasn't killed) and is now suing the company despite the fact that he turned machinery on that he was not authorized to utilize (that was last week). Pretty sure he was trying to get a workers compensation claim and it got out of control. Regardless I'm so fucking drained on life, ready to call it a rap if I can't change the situation. I just want to skate, actually be able to put 100% behind it like I did when I was a kid, one of the only things that ever made me happy. I let drugs and the bullshit of existence get in the way of that the last 15+ years and I feel like I've only got one more opportunity to do something meaningful with my skateboard before it's too late. The last part I put out was in 2009 for my friend's video and that was my last real go with filming before drugs really got in the way and besides a couple of other personal fulfilment goals, that is the biggest thing I want to do for myself and myself only, put together a part I can actually be proud of and know I put everything I had into it.   
We’re pretty much the exact same age and I think it’s important to say that we are still young. You can make a career change and as long as you can roll you can film a part. Sending all the positive vibes bro. You can do it.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #10564 on: September 25, 2022, 05:35:43 PM »

Be kind to yourself man. You’re capable of doing what you have already set out to do.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #10565 on: September 26, 2022, 07:08:51 AM »
Thank you Pals for your support! It's been a trying time and while I'm continually trying to better my situation through CBT and other forms of therapy, it does get difficult as times to cope with the overwhelming feelings associated with the way that I interpret the world. I feel too much, I love too much and unfortunately those emotions do not always behoove survival when our social fabric as a species is truly poisonous to our humanity; we as human beings are sick.   

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #10566 on: September 26, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »
Thank you Pals for your support! It's been a trying time and while I'm continually trying to better my situation through CBT and other forms of therapy, it does get difficult as times to cope with the overwhelming feelings associated with the way that I interpret the world. I feel too much, I love too much and unfortunately those emotions do not always behoove survival when our social fabric as a species is truly poisonous to our humanity; we as human beings are sick.
it's hard as fuck, but if you stay at it, you'll realize your progress and how big the fact is that you actually can somewhat function despite whatever traumas occured in the past, and realize how strong and competent you actually are. one therapist i'm sadly not seeing anymore told me this. they said that many people don't even realize how great they are actually doing because there is no feedback. to me they said with my history i could be way worse off. told me a few statistics and it made me realize that it's actually huge i haven't actually tried suicide or have been to jail. it made me realize i actually do pretty well for myself all things considered. and being somewhat content gives mental room for planning ahead and bettering your situation/mental health even more.

also i'm always down for getting dm'd if you want to get something off your chest. i can't always offer good advice, but i can listen/read or share thoughts if you want.

you got this homie.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #10567 on: September 27, 2022, 04:56:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it's hard as fuck, but if you stay at it, you'll realize your progress and how big the fact is that you actually can somewhat function despite whatever traumas occured in the past, and realize how strong and competent you actually are. one therapist i'm sadly not seeing anymore told me this. they said that many people don't even realize how great they are actually doing because there is no feedback. to me they said with my history i could be way worse off. told me a few statistics and it made me realize that it's actually huge i haven't actually tried suicide or have been to jail. it made me realize i actually do pretty well for myself all things considered. and being somewhat content gives mental room for planning ahead and bettering your situation/mental health even more.

also i'm always down for getting dm'd if you want to get something off your chest. i can't always offer good advice, but i can listen/read or share thoughts if you want.

you got this homie.

Ever since I got clean some 5-6 years ago I've made it my mission to constantly better myself through talk and cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, breathing and the shear will to survive, attempting to change my paradigm and relationship to the outside world. As things became easier and life more manageable, being able to view situations in a more positive light, I think that it set me up to be crushed by the weight of world once more. I have a tendency to take things to an extreme, doesn't really matter what it is, school, drugs, skateboarding, life, anything I can grasp on for some form of meaning. Being able to find some form of balance, particularly in the latter, over the last couple of years has just left me feeling a sense of emptiness and a sense of urgency as time rolls by faster and faster, seemingly living in a perpetual groundhogs dog. The anxiety and over-thinking caused by decision making is what's leading me down to falter, as much as I should be happy, I am not and when you combine that with the extreme emotional states, I think that it's a hard thing to cope with when you don't feel complete gratitude for your situation. I know I'm not happy and maybe I should go jump over a railing at Point Loma High and take a "leap of faith" (I know it's not there anymore) to cement the notion that I need to remove myself from my current situation and peruse the things that give me a sense of personal or intellectual fulfillment, as I've been holding myself back at my own expense for the sake of others. I know what staying here long-term will end with, 2 roads in the woods, down one is the eventual erosion of the will to stay clean and the other is death. Maybe in keeping with the Chief theme, I should accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savier... 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #10568 on: September 27, 2022, 03:48:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you got this homie.
[close]

Ever since I got clean some 5-6 years ago I've made it my mission to constantly better myself through talk and cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness, breathing and the shear will to survive, attempting to change my paradigm and relationship to the outside world. As things became easier and life more manageable, being able to view situations in a more positive light, I think that it set me up to be crushed by the weight of world once more. I have a tendency to take things to an extreme, doesn't really matter what it is, school, drugs, skateboarding, life, anything I can grasp on for some form of meaning. Being able to find some form of balance, particularly in the latter, over the last couple of years has just left me feeling a sense of emptiness and a sense of urgency as time rolls by faster and faster, seemingly living in a perpetual groundhogs dog. The anxiety and over-thinking caused by decision making is what's leading me down to falter, as much as I should be happy, I am not and when you combine that with the extreme emotional states, I think that it's a hard thing to cope with when you don't feel complete gratitude for your situation. I know I'm not happy and maybe I should go jump over a railing at Point Loma High and take a "leap of faith" (I know it's not there anymore) to cement the notion that I need to remove myself from my current situation and peruse the things that give me a sense of personal or intellectual fulfillment, as I've been holding myself back at my own expense for the sake of others. I know what staying here long-term will end with, 2 roads in the woods, down one is the eventual erosion of the will to stay clean and the other is death. Maybe in keeping with the Chief theme, I should accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savier...

ah, sorry. i should have guessed that was sort of trivial advice. i totally get the dilemma about balance. this is something i also struggle with. sometimes i feel the need for things to escalate. stability can feel boring and lifeless. like nothing happens.

anyways, i appreciate you. 

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #10569 on: September 28, 2022, 05:15:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

you got this homie.
[close]

[close]

ah, sorry. i should have guessed that was sort of trivial advice. i totally get the dilemma about balance. this is something i also struggle with. sometimes i feel the need for things to escalate. stability can feel boring and lifeless. like nothing happens.

anyways, i appreciate you.

I do appreciate the words Frank. I'm not sure if this applies to all skateboards but I feel like the things that draw us to this don't necessarily breed human beings that enjoy the monotony of a "normal" existence or at least what's been fed to us. The irony is that I grew up in a scenario where those raising me didn't exactly take the predestined social role of the 9-5'er, instead choosing to pursue their passions and in the end, it didn't always work out for them or make them happy, it was a struggle a lot of the time with plenty of sacrifices. I never wanted to lead the life I currently live, I fucking loath it with all my being and as previously stated, I'm grateful for where I am but I'm not happy. I can be happy with very little but this daily pursuit of financial gain isn't cutting it, breaking my spirit for the sake of people undeserving. I know I shouldn't be the judge of that but fuck it, if you were in my place I almost guarantee you'd be singing the same tune. But at the same token I shouldn't complain, I just have to sack the fuck up and put myself first. That notion is something that's very strange and difficult for me, as I feel like I spent 15 years putting my addiction first and foremost, being a selfish asshole. The program teaches us that our addictions were the pinnacle of selfishness and that we need to be of service to others, while at the same time putting ourselves first, notions that seems to be in diametric opposition to each other. I know the services aspect is supposed to be in later sobriety when you're stable enough to not run to your poison of choice and I'm certainly there, while the idea of putting yourself first should be more for the early stages. I really do try to heed advice and take it one day at a time, but I don't want to just accept everything blindly. I'm in bonus time, been given a 2nd chance at life and need to make it fucking count...

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10570 on: October 04, 2022, 04:15:12 PM »
In my moment of weakness, the dark ones came to me and showed me what awaits when I am torn from this flesh. I know now that no paradise waits when I step through that door, nor the respite of oblivion.I shall be cast to the outer darkness and bound to the anguish which lies beyond God's light. I know that I can blame no one beside myself, for it is my own wretchedness that has cursed me to this fate.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #10571 on: October 05, 2022, 06:20:57 AM »
In my moment of weakness, the dark ones came to me and showed me what awaits when I am torn from this flesh. I know now that no paradise waits when I step through that door, nor the respite of oblivion.I shall be cast to the outer darkness and bound to the anguish which lies beyond God's light. I know that I can blame no one beside myself, for it is my own wretchedness that has cursed me to this fate.

Can confirm this, died approximately 6 times from cardiac arrest and complications from something called Long QT interval syndrome some 5 years back and didn't go anywhere special, fun or well-lit. Same thing goes for coma, nothing entertaining happens and frankly was a huge disappointment.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10572 on: October 07, 2022, 08:36:45 PM »
As a kid, I was raised Catholic and in 8th grade, I had to go through CCD (classes that you have to take to officially join the church).  So during one of these classes, I had to read aloud some passage that had the word “Israel” and instead of pronouncing it the normal way, Is-ree-el, for some fucking reason out of nowhere, I pronounced it “Is-rye-el” like I was some 18th century cloistered monk.

All the kids in the class all immediately snapped their heads around to me and snickered.  I was very embarrassed in the way only an insecure 8th grader can be.  It was the first and last time I ever pronounced it like that. 

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10573 on: October 08, 2022, 05:11:33 AM »
As a kid, I was raised Catholic and in 8th grade, I had to go through CCD (classes that you have to take to officially join the church).  So during one of these classes, I had to read aloud some passage that had the word “Israel” and instead of pronouncing it the normal way, Is-ree-el, for some fucking reason out of nowhere, I pronounced it “Is-rye-el” like I was some 18th century cloistered monk.

All the kids in the class all immediately snapped their heads around to me and snickered.  I was very embarrassed in the way only an insecure 8th grader can be.  It was the first and last time I ever pronounced it like that. 

thats heavy man.. you good??

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #10574 on: October 11, 2022, 04:45:11 PM »
Haven’t skated in 2 months.

I play golf now
 :-\

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #10575 on: October 11, 2022, 06:30:43 PM »

ccd sux

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJOq6VnV2U

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #10576 on: October 12, 2022, 10:14:01 PM »
Welp, @Jim and Dan and @realbasedgod112 have settled it, I'm not taking the stickers off of my organic fruits. Fuck it, I'm just going to eat them.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #10577 on: October 13, 2022, 05:56:21 AM »
Welp, @Jim and Dan and @realbasedgod112 have settled it, I'm not taking the stickers off of my organic fruits. Fuck it, I'm just going to eat them.

Jagger Eaton eats them too, think about it...

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10578 on: October 13, 2022, 10:22:55 AM »
one time when i was a kid i took some other kids stuff and hid it in the woods and smeared dog poop on it. he never found out.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Pure East
« Reply #10579 on: October 13, 2022, 10:48:36 AM »
one time when i was a kid i took some other kids stuff and hid it in the woods and smeared dog poop on it. he never found out.

Interested in how the transaction of fecal matter happened and the identity of the item being smeared, I'm envisioning a Creepy Crawlers light powered oven.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10580 on: October 13, 2022, 11:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Interested in how the transaction of fecal matter happened and the identity of the item being smeared, I'm envisioning a Creepy Crawlers light powered oven.
i just didnt like him so i took some of his stuff to go hide it in the woods and there was poop in the woods so it came pretty naturally

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #10581 on: October 13, 2022, 01:10:05 PM »

If he never found it, what was the point of smearing dog poop on it. Seems like too much work for me

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10582 on: October 13, 2022, 01:12:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If he never found it, what was the point of smearing dog poop on it. Seems like too much work for me
to put poop on someone who i dont likes stuff obviously and no he did find it he just never knew it was me who did it

Kumiko

• Rep: 54
« Reply #10583 on: October 13, 2022, 02:58:12 PM »
We were learning adjectives in 9th grade Spanish class and the teacher was kinda testing our vocab by asking us to all look at someone that had something with that adjective. So she'd say - "everyone point at someone with something azul" and we'd all point at a kid wearing a blue shirt or something. Then she tells the class - "everyone point at someone with something poquito" and the class is scanning around and then it starts happening. One set of eyes staring at me and pointing. Two. Three. The whole class stares at points at me for having something small. They all burst into laughter while I just sit there blushing with my poquito self-esteem.
i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10584 on: October 15, 2022, 01:18:52 AM »
I hate parties.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10585 on: October 15, 2022, 12:23:01 PM »
I hate parties.
me too but you just gotta get really drunk

kook1234

• Rep: 132
« Reply #10586 on: October 19, 2022, 09:08:26 AM »
I love Supreme

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #10587 on: October 19, 2022, 09:24:21 AM »

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10588 on: October 21, 2022, 06:14:59 PM »
I’m pretty scared and anxious about visiting a new city and staying in a hostel. I feel like a baby. God, I hope there’s an electrical outlet next to my bed so I can use my CPAP machine. Otherwise I know seven strangers are going to hate me before I say word one to them.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #10589 on: October 21, 2022, 10:55:08 PM »
I’m pretty scared and anxious about visiting a new city and staying in a hostel. I feel like a baby. God, I hope there’s an electrical outlet next to my bed so I can use my CPAP machine. Otherwise I know seven strangers are going to hate me before I say word one to them.

So you tested the machine and it works? Great. I wish you courage and strength for that trip. The apprehension is the worst thing, and  probably there will be a dude or two snoring much louder than you. You got this.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro