Author Topic: Independent trucks and racist ideology  (Read 97851 times)

FreePepe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: Independent trucks and racist ideology
« Reply #540 on: June 23, 2020, 01:14:33 AM »
He shows up calls me a "kook" on behalf of the pedophiles and then runs away as soon as I ask him a question! (they all do!)

It's pathetic!

And now this guy's calling me kkk.... (which is no joke, racism is serious!)

Will he explain to me how independents logo is Nazi symbolism!?

Will he give any evidence to prove that the police are Nazis!?

Can he explain how a man calling himself a woman somehow makes him a woman!?

No he won't, he'll run away too!  (Prove me wrong!?)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 01:16:17 AM by FreePepe »

quarterpound

• Rep: 14
« Reply #541 on: June 23, 2020, 03:13:52 AM »
Pay attn.  i said you were too dumb to be in the real kkk, and were demoted.  Your new rank is accidental flag bearer.  You read like pasta.

FreePepe

« Reply #542 on: June 23, 2020, 03:54:30 AM »
Yeah, well you're a member of the GayGayGay!

That's the club for people who are so gay that they want a dictatorship which forces everybody to play along with crossdressers fetishes!

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #543 on: June 23, 2020, 04:05:32 AM »
I know people get put out over Iron Crosses, but they're just trucks and there's no Iron Cross on the trucks, themselves.
Every independent truck has an iron cross on the baseplate

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #544 on: June 23, 2020, 04:08:44 AM »
Will the lives of us normal white guys ever matter

Sounds like someone is desperately in needs of personal attention, if anything. Here's some emphasis on that wording of yours so you can get the appropriate kind.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:10:15 AM by silhouette »

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #545 on: June 23, 2020, 04:11:52 AM »
Yeah, well you're a member of the GayGayGay!

That's the club for people who are so gay that they want a dictatorship which forces everybody to play along with crossdressers fetishes!
Go fuck yourself and focus your account you homophobic cunt

FreePepe

« Reply #546 on: June 23, 2020, 04:24:20 AM »

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #547 on: June 23, 2020, 07:02:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Companies coming out of 70s California were not surprisingly big on Nazi imagery- 70s and 80s CA was nazi land. Vans manages to not put nazi logos on everything (yes I know about the TNT shoes with Indy logos on them) while still maintaining some history so it can be done. Anyway Indy should move on. Replace their logo with a screaming foot or something
[close]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like the association to JJ alone makes the logo appear to be in poor taste. Doesn't really seem worth it keeping an outdated symbol.
[close]
Thanks and for the record I’m not say no one ride Indys- I... ride Indys. Just think it’s time to move on to another logo.
[close]

I've been riding indy since my start as well. I truly just dont get whats so controversial for these old heads to move on from that logo though? I remember looking at their comments a few days ago and any discussion about the logo was met with a bunch of dorks saying "STOP BEING SENSITIVE"

u know shits wack as fuck when the main people arguing with you are 40 year old men who wear cargo shorts lol
Right? Who gets all attached to something like a logo? I just want durable trucks that turn well. Replace it with a pink bunny for all I care I’ll still ride them.

Tracerstracer

• Rep: -38
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2020, 07:36:51 AM »
micropeepee and his kek. my proud man dick makes babies. your micro keks makes you crybabies

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2020, 08:24:33 AM »
spit on them a hundred times

The mental image of this is hilarious to me
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #550 on: June 23, 2020, 09:22:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Companies coming out of 70s California were not surprisingly big on Nazi imagery- 70s and 80s CA was nazi land. Vans manages to not put nazi logos on everything (yes I know about the TNT shoes with Indy logos on them) while still maintaining some history so it can be done. Anyway Indy should move on. Replace their logo with a screaming foot or something
[close]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like the association to JJ alone makes the logo appear to be in poor taste. Doesn't really seem worth it keeping an outdated symbol.
[close]
Thanks and for the record I’m not say no one ride Indys- I... ride Indys. Just think it’s time to move on to another logo.
[close]

I've been riding indy since my start as well. I truly just dont get whats so controversial for these old heads to move on from that logo though? I remember looking at their comments a few days ago and any discussion about the logo was met with a bunch of dorks saying "STOP BEING SENSITIVE"

u know shits wack as fuck when the main people arguing with you are 40 year old men who wear cargo shorts lol
[close]
Right? Who gets all attached to something like a logo? I just want durable trucks that turn well. Replace it with a pink bunny for all I care I’ll still ride them.

If it doesn't matter then why change it? It's not racist.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #551 on: June 23, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Because I don’t give a shit if it’s a logo I think is silly but I do give a shit about looking like a Nazi. I never said it’s racist (it came out of a time of rampant racism and it reminds me of that era) nor did I say I’d boycott, I just said I’d prefer if they change it.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #552 on: June 23, 2020, 10:22:57 AM »
Fuck id buy Peanut Brown Indys.  Hes still blasting airs and shit.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
« Reply #553 on: June 23, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »

Got a link to any footage? Had his airbourne deck. I must have been about 10. Fuck I went back and forth over so many different boards. Couldn’t decide. Still remember some of the other boards I was looking at, which is fucked because I cannot remember all that much. Ironically, I guess, one of the boards was a Jason Jesse sun god, the tail shape seemed sick, modern, not as whale/fish shaped. I’m really not sure why I chose the Peanut board, wasn’t like I was being influenced by footage, mags, didn’t really have a skate squad.
Zorlac and Airbourne had some fucking cool shit.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
« Reply #554 on: June 23, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got a link to any footage? Had his airbourne deck. I must have been about 10. Fuck I went back and forth over so many different boards. Couldn’t decide. Still remember some of the other boards I was looking at, which is fucked because I cannot remember all that much. Ironically, I guess, one of the boards was a Jason Jesse sun god, the tail shape seemed sick, modern, not as whale/fish shaped. I’m really not sure why I chose the Peanut board, wasn’t like I was being influenced by footage, mags, didn’t really have a skate squad.
  Sadly no but i heard thru the grapevine he was still doin it.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Because I don’t give a shit if it’s a logo I think is silly but I do give a shit about looking like a Nazi. I never said it’s racist (it came out of a time of rampant racism and it reminds me of that era) nor did I say I’d boycott, I just said I’d prefer if they change it.

Fair enough. People can just switch to ace too. Great trucks and they deserve our business.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #556 on: June 23, 2020, 03:21:37 PM »

how about no new accounts allowed for about a year
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #557 on: June 23, 2020, 03:34:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
how about no new accounts allowed for about a year

Seconded
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #558 on: June 23, 2020, 03:38:47 PM »
Expand Quote
mannn yes I do really I should've read the username before I responded. ignore on.
[close]
  So ur just a mean cunt basically, great.

Lol
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #559 on: June 23, 2020, 03:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
mannn yes I do really I should've read the username before I responded. ignore on.
[close]
  So ur just a mean cunt basically, great.
[close]

Lol
Mega lol
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #560 on: September 08, 2020, 01:24:01 PM »
Independent Trucks newest video is called "Savoring the Struggle."  Adolf Hitler's book was called "My Struggle" (Mein Kamph).

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #561 on: September 08, 2020, 01:37:31 PM »
Got a indy shirt in like 8th and was embarrassed to wear it because that logo looks like some west coast chopper shit.

Also all the older redneck kids who never skated wore indy stuff they bought at pac sun

Idk if it’s based of Nazi ideology but either way that logo is trash

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #562 on: September 08, 2020, 04:07:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Most of my early purchases were mail order and at the time the companies that had the best ads in the mags were all out of ca.  I remember Santa Cruz, Powell peralta, dogtown and Alva  being the main decks I had my eyes on.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #563 on: September 08, 2020, 05:13:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
  Sadly no but i heard thru the grapevine he was still doin it.

At the 1:00 mark.
And this one too

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Sonny Paluso

« Reply #564 on: July 31, 2021, 06:32:46 PM »
Not to rehash a now moot point, but probably was a good move on Indy's part to move on from the Iron Cross. Whether or not it was originated from the WW2 era Iron Cross, they definitely embraced it on this shirt. From Chicago Blowout 1986.

GinosGroceries

« Reply #565 on: July 31, 2021, 08:04:27 PM »
Not to rehash a now moot point, but probably was a good move on Indy's part to move on from the Iron Cross. Whether or not it was originated from the WW2 era Iron Cross, they definitely embraced it on this shirt. From Chicago Blowout 1986.

I don’t think I’ve posted in this thread before but I was in the “it’s just a cross” club. The Jolson salute ad was pretty damning tho.

Anyway, can’t defend it anymore after seeing that. Clear as day.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #566 on: August 01, 2021, 01:29:39 AM »

All that I can say is FUCK

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #567 on: August 01, 2021, 02:30:32 AM »

Wow, that's about as clear as you could ask for.  Good research. 

And while it's good that they got rid of their old logos, the new logos look lame.

Pennybabie

• Rep: -18
« Reply #568 on: August 01, 2021, 07:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow, that's about as clear as you could ask for.  Good research. 

And while it's good that they got rid of their old logos, the new logos look lame.

Jesus wtf independent?

I guess they really were going for the whole tough guy biker with an iron cross on his jacket look... Or were these guys actual nazis at some point?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
« Reply #569 on: August 01, 2021, 08:07:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don’t think I’ve posted in this thread before but I was in the “it’s just a cross” club. The Jolson salute ad was pretty damning tho.

Anyway, can’t defend it anymore after seeing that. Clear as day.

Same thing happened to me in another thread. I was of the “it’s just a stupid, edgy logo” crowd, until someone shared a video about an old 60s California surf and skate Nazi culture, and how their imagery and iconography ended up as an obvious influence for the nascent skate scene, including Indy.

Now it seems as if Indy is completely done with the cross, and every time they post anything without it, a bunch of extremely sensitive dudes complain about it. Apparently every time they fail to see an iron cross, they get angry.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021