Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 540921 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #2880 on: February 01, 2021, 06:16:21 PM »

Tbh, nothing beats the Brown Bomber for me either...this is a nice change before i get back to them. Also compared to the Black Label rat deck, its much more nimble...i loved the feel of that black label deck too, but i think when you get to 10” wide the length and wheelbase needs to be this short just to make it manageable...always found the black label really heavy and struggled to get it off the ground.

Re Label rat - that is why it is the pump track board, but the guy who owned it first skated it better than Winkowski, maybe slight exaggeration but he could do anything on it.  He is a small dude, but the deck sure is big!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #2881 on: February 01, 2021, 10:18:05 PM »
Mate...it’s funny i have both those on the wall...is your Natas the grey screen print version?

I skated a blue dipped rat deck and have the pink on the wall.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2882 on: February 02, 2021, 02:30:54 AM »
Mate...it’s funny i have both those on the wall...is your Natas the grey screen print version?

I skated a blue dipped rat deck and have the pink on the wall.

I would say it is.  It was second hand from another well known Brisbane skater, a purchase mainly to help him out, but it got pulled apart and the wheels and trucks sold on, so the deck is just buried somewhere.  I should get it back out again now I have more wide trucks that came in from other people.

It was too short for him, also found it a bit short overall, which is why it didn't stay set up, but it was still so fresh I didn't want to just turn it into a kick around board.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2883 on: February 02, 2021, 12:20:29 PM »
New heroin catalog live

The dead dave yellow 9.6 is the street baller shape, coming soon. Haven’t gone live yet.

9” double shovel interesting
But  10.1” mutant is live

https://heroin.myshopify.com/

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2884 on: February 02, 2021, 01:21:17 PM »
Anybody know the wheelbase (middle to middle of mounting holes) for the mutant shape? I know its listed as 14.375 but it throws me off how Fos does edge to edge wb.

Fhk

« Reply #2885 on: February 02, 2021, 01:26:26 PM »
Anybody know the wheelbase (middle to middle of mounting holes) for the mutant shape? I know its listed as 14.375 but it throws me off how Fos does edge to edge wb.
I wish they had the wb info on all the decks. I want that 9" popsicle but I can't don't typically go over 14.375 It seriously is the best company though.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2886 on: February 02, 2021, 02:05:07 PM »

Center hole to center hole, it's actually 14.625 - I measured myself

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2887 on: February 02, 2021, 02:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Center hole to center hole, it's actually 14.625 - I measured myself

I appreciate it! Glad I checked first instead of impulse buying. I’ma have to mentally add 0.25 every time I see a Heroin WB from now on.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2888 on: February 02, 2021, 04:00:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I wish they had the wb info on all the decks. I want that 9" popsicle but I can't don't typically go over 14.375 It seriously is the best company though.
9.25” popsicle is 14 3/8”  so I’ve found it to be accurate

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Heroin_DMODW_Call_Of_The_Wild_Deck/descpage-HRDCOTWDK.html

Fhk

« Reply #2889 on: February 02, 2021, 04:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Heroin_DMODW_Call_Of_The_Wild_Deck/descpage-HRDCOTWDK.html
Thanks man, I don't know if I could handle the 9.25 but if its a shorter wb then their 9" I might give that a shot. Much appreciated help

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2890 on: February 02, 2021, 04:28:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Thanks man, I don't know if I could handle the 9.25 but if its a shorter wb then their 9" I might give that a shot. Much appreciated help

I thought the 9.0 was about the same, as per older posts, but it is also there on Skate Warehouse:

Features:

Width - 9.0"
Length - 32.5"
Wheelbase - 14.38"

A couple of other places also have it and show it to be those dimensions too, as per older posts from @144p
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:19:03 PM by Mbrimson88 »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2891 on: February 02, 2021, 04:38:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
no problem. By accurate I meant I just went and measured mine. Didn’t include that in my previous post

Fhk

« Reply #2892 on: February 02, 2021, 04:42:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I thought the 9.0 was about the same, as per older posts, but it is also there on Skate Warehouse:

Features:

Width - 9.0"
Length - 32.5"
Wheelbase - 14.38"

A couple of other places also have it and show it to be those dimensions too, as per older posts from @144
If thats the case I know what I need to do...ChingChing!!  ;D

Fhk

« Reply #2893 on: February 02, 2021, 04:44:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]
no problem. By accurate I meant I just went and measured mine. Didn’t include that in my previous post
I appreciate that! Do you like yours?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2894 on: February 02, 2021, 05:20:55 PM »

I had to find it - sorry OCD thing or whatever, but see this post:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3465140#msg3465140

Fhk

« Reply #2895 on: February 02, 2021, 05:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had to find it - sorry OCD thing or whatever, but see this post:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=97297.msg3465140#msg3465140
Sounds like he really likes it.  I appreciate the help (spending my money)  ;D

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2896 on: February 02, 2021, 07:57:48 PM »
Looks like the length is the measurement that needs to be added to the heroin popsicles. @144p lists 32.75” on that 9” pop and the 9.25” popsicle I have is closer to 32.5” as well.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2897 on: February 02, 2021, 08:16:58 PM »
had to throw krooked 1/8" risers under my venture 6.1 vlights for the dane1.

whole setup is taller than anything i own but the few ollies i popped in my house are sticking to my feet slightly better. love the shape but cant stand how mellow the tail feels when it comes to popping high. the nose just doesnt come up enough imo.

considering getting some 55mm OG classics just to increase the nose angle.
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2898 on: February 02, 2021, 08:36:34 PM »
Expand Quote

Tbh, nothing beats the Brown Bomber for me either...this is a nice change before i get back to them. Also compared to the Black Label rat deck, its much more nimble...i loved the feel of that black label deck too, but i think when you get to 10” wide the length and wheelbase needs to be this short just to make it manageable...always found the black label really heavy and struggled to get it off the ground.
[close]

Re Label rat - that is why it is the pump track board, but the guy who owned it first skated it better than Winkowski, maybe slight exaggeration but he could do anything on it.  He is a small dude, but the deck sure is big!

how is the scratches on the right board so concentrated in one area?
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

animalflesh

« Reply #2899 on: February 03, 2021, 06:10:49 AM »
Probably had a toe side rail

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2900 on: February 03, 2021, 07:06:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

how is the scratches on the right board so concentrated in one area?

Probably had a toe side rail

Yes that is correct.  I never ride rails, but these decks were second hand from two different people and the regular footed rider always has one rail on his toe side (and takes it with him for the next board).

It is just set up as a cruiser now, so the deck hasn't touched anything besides an ollie up a curb.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2901 on: February 03, 2021, 11:16:15 AM »
8.75" and 9" logo boards in the new Hockey drop.

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #2902 on: February 03, 2021, 11:47:49 AM »
you think they still got the FA nose and tail on the 9?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2903 on: February 03, 2021, 12:02:04 PM »
9.0 x 32.35" x 15" Wheel Base
8.75 x 32.39" x 14.5" Wheel Base

those 9" dimensions are a bummer

white guy in a durag

• 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #2904 on: February 03, 2021, 12:52:23 PM »
I just wanted the 8.5" shape a bit wider.

Wide board + short WB skaters truly are the most oppressed minority

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2905 on: February 03, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »
Would setting up a Polar Dane1 with Indy 215s be sorta like skating an 8.25 with 149s?  Or would it be better to get some 169s on there?  I see alot of people are even skating it with 159s, but I'm going for an extra wide/extra stable crust cruiser.

I also don't think i'll ever skate a wider board so I wanna put these 215s to use somehow. 

hardly art, hardly starving

white guy in a durag

• 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #2906 on: February 03, 2021, 01:28:26 PM »
Would setting up a Polar Dane1 with Indy 215s be sorta like skating an 8.25 with 149s?  Or would it be better to get some 169s on there?  I see alot of people are even skating it with 159s, but I'm going for an extra wide/extra stable crust cruiser.

I also don't think i'll ever skate a wider board so I wanna put these 215s to use somehow. 

I'm pretty sure dane1s are about 8.75 over the trucks, so there would probably be some hot rodding but it seems like a fun time regardless

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #2907 on: February 03, 2021, 02:49:15 PM »

their 8.5 shape widened to 8.75 was supposed to be the holy grail for me but i shouldnt be surprised they used the basic bitch dimensions. maybe they do an "se" range in the future? yeah right
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 03:44:37 PM by off »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #2908 on: February 03, 2021, 02:54:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
wanted an 8.75/14.25 WB but they used the basic bitch dimensions. i shouldnt be surprised

It is kind of wild considering that all their other shapes are such an incremental increase in length and WB as width increases. That being said I know a ton of people who have said they would only skate FA/Hockey if they are some boards with a longer WB.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2909 on: February 03, 2021, 03:06:15 PM »

I wouldn’t put 215. The back would stick out too much like that legendary board that just got bumped in the set up thread.

I’d throw em on the new 10.1” dead dave mutant shape though.