Author Topic: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)  (Read 533770 times)

Enrico Pallazzo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Prostate Exam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Big Boards 9"+( I wanna hear big boys talk about their big boards)
« Reply #5490 on: May 23, 2023, 07:33:29 AM »
Anyone manage to find the Heroin Face Melter Mutant somewhere in Europe? Only place I've seen them at is Concretewave.de, but it's already sold out.

Got 5 of them in the basement. Ordered them directly from bakerboys though

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #5491 on: May 23, 2023, 09:09:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone manage to find the Heroin Face Melter Mutant somewhere in Europe? Only place I've seen them at is Concretewave.de, but it's already sold out.
[close]

Not really willing to spend a shit ton on import taxes just for 1 deck. Still have 2 of them laying around, but I really liked the new graphic so I'm waiting til they start popping up around here sometime. See a lot of EU stores with previous graphics sitting though, so they might be hesitant to order them right now.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #5492 on: May 23, 2023, 10:30:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not really willing to spend a shit ton on import taxes just for 1 deck. Still have 2 of them laying around, but I really liked the new graphic so I'm waiting til they start popping up around here sometime. See a lot of EU stores with previous graphics sitting though, so they might be hesitant to order them right now.

i don't think that they will be comming. all the euro stores i know that sell em got the new decks in already, just not the Mutant shape. so guess they didnt order them. like you said its hard to order another one if youre still sitting on the last 4 mutants.. but tbh. don't see those Snot and Paintings ones selling any time soon. god awfull graphics.

garbage plate

• Rep: 34
« Reply #5493 on: May 23, 2023, 03:09:58 PM »

Anti hero big bord 10.125" x 33.375"
Independent 169 hollows with ikp baseplates
Medium bones bushings with no washers
Spitfire f4 classic 58
Skf bearings
Krooked riser
Shorty's hardware
Mob grip

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #5494 on: May 23, 2023, 03:19:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i don't think that they will be comming. all the euro stores i know that sell em got the new decks in already, just not the Mutant shape. so guess they didnt order them. like you said its hard to order another one if youre still sitting on the last 4 mutants.. but tbh. don't see those Snot and Paintings ones selling any time soon. god awfull graphics.

Damn, that's a shame. Might have to restock on one of the older graphics then.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5495 on: May 23, 2023, 04:58:07 PM »

Anti hero big bord 10.125" x 33.375"
Independent 169 hollows with ikp baseplates
Medium bones bushings with no washers
Spitfire f4 classic 58
Skf bearings
Krooked riser
Shorty's hardware
Mob grip

I'm loving how the Big Bord looks. I have one for keepsake but I really want to get a second one to skate.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5496 on: May 24, 2023, 05:26:51 AM »
I really have to stop stocking up on boards.
Back a year ago I had a shape crisis and couldn't get a hold of any shape that I liked.
So I went back to the mutant cause it is the most reliable.
I am afraid that the shape might be discontinued or hard to get, that's why I started stacking up.
Got 14 mutants in the basement waiting to be skated alongside some Snelling boards and some Fixer, Scram, Wouldshop, Skull and NonConform boards

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #5497 on: May 24, 2023, 05:37:21 PM »
Back a year ago I had a shape crisis and couldn't get a hold of any shape that I liked.
I am afraid that the shape might be discontinued or hard to get, that's why I started stacking up.
Got 14 mutants in the basement waiting to be skated alongside some Snelling boards and some Fixer, Scram, Wouldshop, Skull and NonConform boards
You in the states? Depending on what Scram decks you have, I may be able to help thin your pile. Same with the Snellings.

ToshiroTownune

• Rep: 70
« Reply #5498 on: May 24, 2023, 06:47:40 PM »

I believe Fos has said that there will be a mutant in every drop because it’s Dead Dave’s pro model now

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #5499 on: May 24, 2023, 09:23:07 PM »
So excited the BA 9.25 is back in the line up. Ordered a couple for myself.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #5500 on: May 24, 2023, 10:47:13 PM »
So excited the BA 9.25 is back in the line up. Ordered a couple for myself.

Nice! I had the Lance skull graphic some years back. Probably my favorite deck ever. I have a massive stockpile of decks though and am not a fan of the current graphic so I might hold off even though I’m tempted.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5501 on: May 24, 2023, 11:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You in the states? Depending on what Scram decks you have, I may be able to help thin your pile. Same with the Snellings.

No I am in Europe. So shipping would be enormous to the states

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5502 on: May 25, 2023, 04:43:03 AM »
anyone running a bigger deck from ps…how is it holding up?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

WelcomeToHell

• Rep: 254
« Reply #5503 on: May 25, 2023, 07:33:11 AM »

I’ve had a few Quasi 8.75s and they feel great. But I’m mostly skating curbs, so take that into account.

overwaxed

• Rep: 83
« Reply #5504 on: May 25, 2023, 08:34:38 AM »

I've got a 9.125" egg from transportation unit - haven't skated it a ton but it feels great, mellow kicks and nice concave

JJN

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5505 on: May 25, 2023, 08:47:32 AM »
About mutant shape.. (first post here)

Bought a 50 euro (score!) Dead Dave Life from an X-mas sale (but just got a complete together for summer)

Ace AF-77:s (I know golden...but got these cheap too)
Spitfire Conical Full 57mm 99a --> already changed to Oski Radials 55mm 99a
Bones Bearings Race Reds, Ace hardware, 1/8" risers
Film trucks rails (with super good 3M tape attachment...so easy)
Might try Ace hard bushings...the stock ones are crazy loose (but feel quite good on bowls anyway)

Anyway - I have a question about the shape. The Orange Dead Dave Life has been marked from the sellers all 14.4" WB (this seems off), 14.62" WB, or 14.75" WB...measured and got closer to the 14.75". However the newer versions are all marked 14.6". I know, not a big deal but does anyone know if this orange version comes with a longer WB? I like longer wheelbase and usually I haven't liked under 14.75" WB decks. A few of these are still available around, so might buy and stock 1-2 more...

disclosed

• Rep: 168
« Reply #5506 on: May 25, 2023, 10:41:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

how do you even get Scram in Europe? i think only UK get them sometimes, and the import fromt there is fucked.

both the Mutand and Snelling are the best shapes i ever skated. love the mutant more for it's big ass nose,

would love to see some pics of the full collection. i think you posted some before with a bunch of snelling and mutants.

Anyway - I have a question about the shape. The Orange Dead Dave Life has been marked from the sellers all 14.4" WB (this seems off), 14.62" WB, or 14.75" WB...measured and got closer to the 14.75". However the newer versions are all marked 14.6". I know, not a big deal but does anyone know if this orange version comes with a longer WB? I like longer wheelbase and usually I haven't liked under 14.75" WB decks. A few of these are still available around, so might buy and stock 1-2 more...

pretty sure 14.62 is the accurate measurement. and they're all the same wheelbase. but the newest ones are double drilled and have a 14.25 (i think) option.
theres barely a difrence between 14.62 and 14.75
« Last Edit: May 25, 2023, 10:53:14 AM by disclosed »

JJN

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5507 on: May 25, 2023, 11:08:16 AM »
pretty sure 14.62 is the accurate measurement. and they're all the same wheelbase. but the newest ones are double drilled and have a 14.25 (i think) option.

Thanks! Yes, I guess you can't even feel the difference.

Dig the shape...good to hear they are all pretty much the same.

Wide deck with super loose trucks...feels squirrely at times, might try to put on hard bottom bushings, just to make the trucks a tiny bit tighter (but don't want to lose that surfy turn!)

minilogoflow

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5508 on: May 25, 2023, 02:12:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

how do you even get Scram in Europe? i think only UK get them sometimes, and the import fromt there is fucked.

both the Mutand and Snelling are the best shapes i ever skated. love the mutant more for it's big ass nose,

would love to see some pics of the full collection. i think you posted some before with a bunch of snelling and mutants.

Expand Quote

[close]

14.12+14.62
I measured when I set up my newest mutant

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #5509 on: May 25, 2023, 06:20:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Oh well. Thanks for the reply though.  I agree with you should post some pics of them.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #5510 on: May 26, 2023, 12:19:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

14.12+14.62
Fos also measures from the middle of the bolt holes (I saw him do it on an IG Live) whereas I was taught to measure from the back of the bolt hole. I've been corrected on this so I honestly dunno what's right anymore but when I measure a 14.25 from the back I get 14.25 so I guess I'm cool one way or the other.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 80
« Reply #5511 on: May 26, 2023, 04:15:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

14.12+14.62
[close]
Fos also measures from the middle of the bolt holes (I saw him do it on an IG Live) whereas I was taught to measure from the back of the bolt hole. I've been corrected on this so I honestly dunno what's right anymore but when I measure a 14.25 from the back I get 14.25 so I guess I'm cool one way or the other.

I go middle to middle but going back to back is still gonna give you the same measurement.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #5512 on: May 26, 2023, 10:37:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

14.12+14.62
[close]
[close]

I go middle to middle but going back to back is still gonna give you the same measurement.

Yeah. Same to same is the correct way. Fos used to measure from back to front some years ago until he was corrected. That’s why Heroin decks’ wheelbases used to be off in the past.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5513 on: May 30, 2023, 03:16:42 PM »
It’s funny, I try all these setups, switch my decks/wheels etc out all the time. Nothing seemed to feel good. Set this up and it was like “ok this is for me”.
My ankle has been jacked for weeks, this cheered me up.

Antihero ba shape 9.25
Indy 169 with blue 92 med/hard
Spitfire f4 lockin full 55 99a
Quantum isotopes
Rad railz
Jessup
Roughneck Allen 7/8
Dunks with fp king foam orthotics

chaosisme

• Rep: 56
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5514 on: May 30, 2023, 03:40:40 PM »

So happy this has happened, Big up Ronnie Sandoval, can’t wait to get one, I could go on all day about how perfect this shape is.
mankind is unkind man

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5515 on: May 30, 2023, 04:26:43 PM »
Seems like that should've happened a long time ago.
I saw one with wheelwells in the future too.

chaosisme

• Rep: 56
  • mankind is unkind man
« Reply #5516 on: May 30, 2023, 05:31:46 PM »

It seems to have been in the works for a little while but he’s only been skating that shape for a relatively short amount of time, krooked always seem to be really on-it with releases and stuff :)
mankind is unkind man

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #5517 on: May 30, 2023, 06:08:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It seems to have been in the works for a little while but he’s only been skating that shape for a relatively short amount of time, krooked always seem to be really on-it with releases and stuff :)

Is this a blown up version of his shape?
I know he ran the Sweatpants shape for a minute.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
« Reply #5518 on: May 30, 2023, 06:08:39 PM »

So sick. Looks like a good few wheel welled DLX boards on the horizon. Would  love a Huffer with wheel wells.

144p

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5519 on: May 30, 2023, 07:19:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Is this a blown up version of his shape?
I know he ran the Sweatpants shape for a minute.
It is the 9.81 sweatpants shape Krooked has done for a while. Seen Ronnie skating it for probably over a year.