Author Topic: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock  (Read 376274 times)

Roast beef

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
Re: Security guard beaten at SF Black Rock
« Reply #1050 on: January 30, 2019, 06:54:17 PM »
Earlier on this thread some person actually said that it wasn’t Jesse that knocked Dan out, it was the ground he hit that done it. I was genuinely in a state of disbelief when I read that. No matter what any of these  hardcore “core” skate rats say,  there is no way out of this for Jesse, he will rightfully go to prison for the vicious assault he committed.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #1051 on: January 30, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »
Earlier on this thread some person actually said that it wasn’t Jesse that knocked Dan out, it was the ground he hit that done it. I was genuinely in a state of disbelief when I read that. No matter what any of these  hardcore “core” skate rats say,  there is no way out of this for Jesse, he will rightfully go to prison for the vicious assault he committed.

Even worse was someone saying it was the guards fault for not being able to take a punch and falling wrong. Those people are the ones that are being lambasted for supporting him.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -625
  • who knows
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1052 on: January 30, 2019, 07:09:40 PM »
Jesse can fuck off and rot.  what a pussy.
where is home?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1053 on: January 30, 2019, 07:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There is a difference between supporting jesse and suggesting he did nothing wrong or that it’s somehow the security guards fault for not being able to take a punch. People are only going after the defenders saying ridiculous things.

Outside of being written in poor taste I dont have a problem with him having a gofundme for legal fees. Regardless of what ultimately happened that day everyone deserves a good defense and that shit don’t come cheap. Dan and his family are fucked up forever and I hope the guys that did it are held responsible but it doesn’t mean any of the defendants should be railroaded simply because they can’t afford a good legal team.

What a shitty country we live in.
[close]

Railroaded implies that he could get a raw deal due to a incompetent defense.  If indeed he’s guilty of what looks to be a completely unjustified and brutal assault, it’s a pretty crazy assertion that he could be railroaded by the justice system. In that case, he’s pretty deserving of the jail time he’d likely get.

Only way to get railroaded on trial where some guy essentially lost his life, is if the prosecution plays dirty, which it doesn’t look like they’re going to have to here considering there’s conclusive evidence of a brutal assault.
[close]

Railroading is the extreme and I shouldn’t have said that but my point still stands that getting the best representation isn’t cheap and it sucks when someone could end up doing more time simply because they couldn’t afford better council.

By no means do I think these guys should get off with little consequence and there is a huge middle ground between getting off lightly and going to prison for a super long time.

I do think it's fair to keep in mind that the prosecution would have unlimited resources to get the maximum possible penalty and with a public defender it's sort of a get what ya get situation. If Jesse can't pay his lawyer he'll likely wind up going the PD route. The Gofundme didn't bug because having equally matched legal teams can mean the difference between years and decades in jail. Whoever hurt Dan should do some time but I don't think they should necessarily spend most of their life in prison.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1054 on: January 30, 2019, 07:48:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Even worse was someone saying it was the guards fault for not being able to take a punch and falling wrong. Those people are the ones that are being lambasted for supporting him.

"Your honor, my client did not murder this man - he simply pushed him off of a 12 story building. Your beef is with the concrete below it, not with him."
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1140
« Reply #1055 on: January 30, 2019, 08:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote
i dont think its that weird that delatorre went to turkey. seems like hes on a regular skate trip, not trying to flee the country to escape a crime. he may have even spoken to the cops already, who knows
[close]

Not defending Dela or anything either but he also had an art show or something in Japan a couple weeks ago

It’s a little silly to think that guy is on the run.  I’m sure he’s no Mensa candidate, but from what I gather, people on the run from the law tend to not broadcast their location to the world via Facebook.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1056 on: January 30, 2019, 08:13:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There is a difference between supporting jesse and suggesting he did nothing wrong or that it’s somehow the security guards fault for not being able to take a punch. People are only going after the defenders saying ridiculous things.

Outside of being written in poor taste I dont have a problem with him having a gofundme for legal fees. Regardless of what ultimately happened that day everyone deserves a good defense and that shit don’t come cheap. Dan and his family are fucked up forever and I hope the guys that did it are held responsible but it doesn’t mean any of the defendants should be railroaded simply because they can’t afford a good legal team.

[close]

Railroaded implies that he could get a raw deal due to a incompetent defense.  If indeed he’s guilty of what looks to be a completely unjustified and brutal assault, it’s a pretty crazy assertion that he could be railroaded by the justice system. In that case, he’s pretty deserving of the jail time he’d likely get.

Only way to get railroaded on trial where some guy essentially lost his life, is if the prosecution plays dirty, which it doesn’t look like they’re going to have to here considering there’s conclusive evidence of a brutal assault.
[close]

Railroading is the extreme and I shouldn’t have said that but my point still stands that getting the best representation isn’t cheap and it sucks when someone could end up doing more time simply because they couldn’t afford better council.

By no means do I think these guys should get off with little consequence and there is a huge middle ground between getting off lightly and going to prison for a super long time.
[close]

I do think it's fair to keep in mind that the prosecution would have unlimited resources to get the maximum possible penalty and with a public defender it's sort of a get what ya get situation. If Jesse can't pay his lawyer he'll likely wind up going the PD route. The Gofundme didn't bug because having equally matched legal teams can mean the difference between years and decades in jail. Whoever hurt Dan should do some time but I don't think they should necessarily spend most of their life in prison.

i also think, pending the results of a civil suit, it could be better for Dan for his assaulters to do less time so that they could get to restitution quicker. 

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #1057 on: January 30, 2019, 08:51:28 PM »
I heard that Jesse is actually a black belt and his fists were registered as deadly weapons.
He failed to alert the security guard to this fact.
Most lawyers will agree that this will result in a death penalty conviction.

Being pro-life, I take no pleasure in reporting this.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #1058 on: January 30, 2019, 10:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Municipal and State DA's don't have unlimited funds. He's not getting tried by the Federal government.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1059 on: January 30, 2019, 11:13:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Municipal and State DA's don't have unlimited funds. He's not getting tried by the Federal government.

They can still outspend the average citizen by a large margin. You're right it may not be unlimited but it could be plenty based on how engaged the public is with the story. If they wanna fuck this kid up to make an example they absolutely could.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #1060 on: January 31, 2019, 12:44:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

i also think, pending the results of a civil suit, it could be better for Dan for his assaulters to do less time so that they could get to restitution quicker.
He won't get restitution from them. They'll all go into personal bankruptcy (which will be crippling for them, but he won't get money for the likely medical care he'll need). Outside of maybe Dellatorre, I don't think these guys are likely to have much in the way of personal assets. They are all pretty much flow or on small brands. I'm sure any lawyer the family retains will be looking at bigger companies they could potentially link to being liable (I'm looking at you Tony Vitello and Thrasher). They aren't getting a payday off of these GX1000 guys.

Dorknerd

« Reply #1061 on: January 31, 2019, 12:50:16 AM »
Semi-OT but if anyone doesn't wanna watch the GX vid anymore because of all this shit, the Stay Awaysted video is pretty much the same exact thing

The guys roof at the start. 18.30...I stopped watching then. Seems like the same kind of cunts without so many hill rollaways, and cautious editing perchance?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #1062 on: January 31, 2019, 05:45:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Semi-OT but if anyone doesn't wanna watch the GX vid anymore because of all this shit, the Stay Awaysted video is pretty much the same exact thing

[close]

The guys roof at the start. 18.30...I stopped watching then. Seems like the same kind of cunts without so many hill rollaways, and cautious editing perchance?

I was enjoying the video a lot, but then..... It's his house for God's sake.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #1063 on: January 31, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i dont think its that weird that delatorre went to turkey. seems like hes on a regular skate trip, not trying to flee the country to escape a crime. he may have even spoken to the cops already, who knows
[close]

Not defending Dela or anything either but he also had an art show or something in Japan a couple weeks ago
[close]

It’s a little silly to think that guy is on the run.  I’m sure he’s no Mensa candidate, but from what I gather, people on the run from the law tend to not broadcast their location to the world via Facebook.

In this day and age, don't expect too much

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #1064 on: January 31, 2019, 09:43:40 AM »
Did you know that if you, say, attack somebody and punch them in the face or hit them with a weapon and they fall down and die, you can get into trouble even if you didn't hit them with the explicit intent to kill them?
Oh, unfair world!

basically Jesse Vieira is the Cameron Poe of skateboarding.  #ConFrontsideAir

Gary Coleman

« Reply #1065 on: January 31, 2019, 10:41:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
He won't get restitution from them. They'll all go into personal bankruptcy (which will be crippling for them, but he won't get money for the likely medical care he'll need). Outside of maybe Dellatorre, I don't think these guys are likely to have much in the way of personal assets. They are all pretty much flow or on small brands. I'm sure any lawyer the family retains will be looking at bigger companies they could potentially link to being liable (I'm looking at you Tony Vitello and Thrasher). They aren't getting a payday off of these GX1000 guys.

Granted, personal bankruptcy should be a fairly agreeable lifestyle for a non pro skateboarder living in SF, likely with 7 other roommates. You could almost say it’s a lateral move

doyle

• Rep: 214
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1066 on: January 31, 2019, 12:02:55 PM »
New fundraiser - https://gogetfunding.com/jessevieiralegalfees/

"In addition, I would like to thank those that attempted to contributed on gofundme.com. Unfortunately, that platform didn't work out; people who contributed there are getting their money refunded. Thank you again."

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1067 on: January 31, 2019, 12:10:47 PM »

"In addition, I would like to thank those that attempted to contributed on gofundme.com. Unfortunately, that platform didn't work out; people who contributed there are getting their money refunded. Thank you again."

SLAP, do ya thang

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1068 on: January 31, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »

this one started by his GF...you pals think she'll stick by him if he looses and serves time

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #1069 on: January 31, 2019, 12:43:10 PM »

"PPS.: nothing blatantly shady as fuck about that disclaimer, please move on"

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1070 on: January 31, 2019, 12:46:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this one started by his GF...you pals think she'll stick by him if he looses and serves time

The gofundme was also started by her. She also says "please don't use paypal" because they'd probably stop payment on this subject too. The smart thing would be to wait on charitable donations until you can direct people to JPay because he's not getting out of this.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #1071 on: January 31, 2019, 12:51:52 PM »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #1072 on: January 31, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »
yeah I don’t think any amount of money is gonna help this kid. Unless he hires Johnny cochran to do the Wookie defense.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1073 on: January 31, 2019, 01:53:40 PM »
Anyone else wonder if the Lennie Kirk rail is cursed?
Who else has skated it and what bad thing has happened to them?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1074 on: January 31, 2019, 01:59:42 PM »
yeah I don’t think any amount of money is gonna help this kid. Unless he hires Johnny cochran to do the Wookie defense.

cloudy

« Reply #1075 on: January 31, 2019, 02:01:57 PM »

bam margera. enough said.

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
« Reply #1076 on: January 31, 2019, 02:15:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

bam margera. enough said.

Man he landed that wonky as hell

kookshit

• Rep: -8
« Reply #1077 on: January 31, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
all proceeds go to Dan Jansen's gofundme. PM me.

ArtVandelay

« Reply #1078 on: January 31, 2019, 02:27:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Awwww why’d you do that lady!? 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:40:20 PM by ArtVandelay »

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #1079 on: January 31, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »

''Jesse has been involved in an unfortunate incident, and while the situation is horrible for more than just himself, those of us who love and care about Jesse are here to do what we can to provide that Jesse is cared for.''

I have no problem with trying to get a good lawyer for yourself, and I don't even have much of a problem asking for donations for it since it can make a huge difference on whether you get a reasonable sentence or spend the rest of your life in prison. But at least fucking acknowledge that the situation is quite a lot more horrible to the guy who lost half his head and who might have to spend the rest of what's left of his life relearning the most basic skills like walking and talking.