Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 231209 times)

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2130 on: November 20, 2022, 04:18:13 AM »
Thanks for the links guys! Maybe I should be searching for straight up sweats?

Anyways, I just picked up some of the Dime baggy jeans in the Winter 2022 drop. They look like they’re gonna be a little more substantial than the DMCO jeans from the previous release.

Don't give up on your cargo jogger dreams. Sounds like a solid skate pant to me personally.

Maybe also look into tactical/BDUs... Might be able to get what you're looking for by synching the openings a certain way via the built in adjustable openings.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2131 on: November 20, 2022, 07:50:17 AM »
joggers are the antithesis to loose fit pants
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2132 on: November 20, 2022, 07:59:04 AM »
joggers are the antithesis to loose fit pants

I assume they mean like ninja pants or something where its looser on top, and tight at the ankles. Some of the ones I linked almost fit the bill?

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2133 on: November 20, 2022, 08:10:11 AM »
Current day joggers are definitely slimmed down but that’s the point of the thread we are seeking to find looser versions….and in this case with cargo pockets….like some wu welsh type shit…

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 111
« Reply #2134 on: November 20, 2022, 08:34:55 AM »
Current day joggers are definitely slimmed down but that’s the point of the thread we are seeking to find looser versions….and in this case with cargo pockets….like some wu welsh type shit

Exactly!

I honestly think I’m just thinking baggy cargo sweats. I used to rock them all the time in my early skate days circa 2001.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2135 on: November 20, 2022, 09:42:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Current day joggers are definitely slimmed down but that’s the point of the thread we are seeking to find looser versions….and in this case with cargo pockets….like some wu welsh type shit
[close]

Exactly!

I honestly think I’m just thinking baggy cargo sweats. I used to rock them all the time in my early skate days circa 2001.
not sure whats your budget, quality demands, or need for cuffs
but “baggy cargo sweatpants” in google found a lot of options
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2136 on: November 20, 2022, 05:33:54 PM »
We’re looking for some tried and true results here…there’s no jogger aficionado?

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2137 on: November 24, 2022, 07:12:42 AM »
Let's get some pants deals going on in here.

Theories of Atlantis... https://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/collections/all-pants
Theories (and related brands) THANKYOU30 for 30% off (you might have to already be an email subscriber).

I saw some $45/50 Gramicci pants on cheap and steep (lolwut?) and backcountry.

Let us know if you guys find any good finds.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
« Reply #2138 on: November 26, 2022, 03:47:46 PM »
Just got the dime baggy fit jeans in washed black. First impression, I love them. The denim itself feels nice, a tad thinner than the black silver tabs I have. They’re definitely baggy but are tapered enough so they don’t feel like too much. I wear a 34 waist normally and the large’s fit as expected. I’m a 28-29 inch inseam, and these are a bit long, so I’d guess these are 30-32 inches.

switchfakie

« Reply #2139 on: November 26, 2022, 04:30:04 PM »
i dunno who needs to hear this but

uniqlo wide fit jeans fit like (semi slim) straight pants just with the high waist of actual wide fit pants like big boys/enjoi fader denim

i highly recommend them, i was very surprised

you might have to cut the legs tho, the leg sizing is a mess, but its no problem

such a good fit that im not even gonna skate in them

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
« Reply #2140 on: November 28, 2022, 07:29:32 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

iw0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
« Reply #2141 on: November 28, 2022, 12:06:08 PM »
What pants is Chico wearing here?

https://instagram.com/stories/chicobrenes/2981522805919325332?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

some sort of hickory striped dickies, can't find any that are in season, so maybe the '67 slim fit sized up??

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -61
« Reply #2142 on: November 28, 2022, 12:18:16 PM »
Just got the dime baggy fit jeans in washed black. First impression, I love them. The denim itself feels nice, a tad thinner than the black silver tabs I have. They’re definitely baggy but are tapered enough so they don’t feel like too much. I wear a 34 waist normally and the large’s fit as expected. I’m a 28-29 inch inseam, and these are a bit long, so I’d guess these are 30-32 inches.

This is why I can't wear any skate brand pants. No inseam options.
If I don't get at least a 34" inseam my pants highwater like crazy, and I strongly dislike highwater pants.
To get any skate brand pants long enough I have to buy them in like a 38" waist (I'm a 32")

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2143 on: November 28, 2022, 12:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If I don't get at least a 34" inseam my pants highwater like crazy, and I strongly dislike highwater pants.
To get any skate brand pants long enough I have to buy them in like a 38" waist (I'm a 32")

Yeah that must be frustrating. I think I saw Polar Surf had some "tall" sizes, but I honestly am not sure if I've seen them stocked anywhere besides their own site?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2144 on: November 28, 2022, 12:57:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah i bought a pair of WKND loosies and they're great except the inseam is 29". It's definitely a "look" and they're so nice to skate in I just dont worry about it, I run them. But they're strictly for skating, can't walk around town with my pants stopping above my shoe.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2145 on: November 28, 2022, 04:29:33 PM »
i dunno who needs to hear this but

uniqlo wide fit jeans fit like (semi slim) straight pants just with the high waist of actual wide fit pants like big boys/enjoi fader denim

i highly recommend them, i was very surprised

you might have to cut the legs tho, the leg sizing is a mess, but its no problem

such a good fit that im not even gonna skate in them

Uniqlo has free hemming…..

I agree, they are sick pants…good price. I’d rather kick down for other soft goods or on decks and shoes.

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
« Reply #2146 on: December 04, 2022, 03:47:59 PM »
https://www.madewell.com/ripstop-baggy-pants-99106754170.html?color=GR6119#q=Pants&lang=default&context=men&start=3

Went shopping with my gf yesterday, and didn’t even realize madewell had mens stuff. In store these were only $40. Very comfortable, lightweight and breathable, not all that baggy (less bag than they’re Straight cut chino)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 03:55:16 PM by Alexactly »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2147 on: December 07, 2022, 09:24:04 AM »
Anybody Levi's 521?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

hamm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2148 on: December 09, 2022, 08:11:47 AM »
Just picked up a pair of these Calvin Klein jeans and they could be the perfect fit. https://www.calvinklein.fr/jean-90s-loose-j30j3216821by

I used to wear big boys but don’t really want to look like a 15yo that has a shit in my pants anymore. The Calvin’s are baggy in the leg but no drop crotch. I’m 6”1 normally a 30 but got a 29 so maybe size down or just belt them tighter to get a wider leg. The denim in the faded black and the blue is really good too. It’s one of those purchases where I am genuinely super super happy with.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #2149 on: December 10, 2022, 01:49:59 PM »
Back to sweatpants…

Went to Macy’s today and tried on Champion, Adidas and North Face sweatpants.

Walked away with the North Face.

All were the same thickness but the North Face were the baggiest, with the best fit and (most importantly) the deepest pockets.

I got an XL and they are slightly baggy. If you go up a size they will be very baggy.

https://www.thenorthface.com/en-us/mens/mens-bottoms/mens-pants-c224219/mens-half-dome-sweatpants-pNF0A7UOD?color=KY4

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2150 on: December 10, 2022, 05:13:55 PM »
Msg’d Rod Ferens and got no answer….

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2151 on: December 10, 2022, 09:54:09 PM »
A rundown on some Black Friday pants and their skateability... Thanks for all of your advice in this thread, helped me figure out sizing.

Levis 541 Athletic Taper (Stretch) - They're essentially relaxed fit pants at the upper thigh and above (maybe a bit of a dropped crotch?), and a tighter tapered fit at the lower thigh and below. Definitely not a relaxed fit pant at the knee like I was hoping for.

They don't resist movement or twisting, which makes them really solid for skateboarding. However, They are slightly tight at the knees (but it doesn't affect movement when sized up in length). Err on the side of sizing UP the inseam, as that seemed to help the knee tightness and pant mobility more than sizing up the waist. There was some mobility issues with ones that are true to size length, even when sizing up waist, but again more length solved both issues. The potential extra length isn't as huge of an issue due to the taper, especially while wearing shoes. Feels like a slim/tapered fit at the lower thigh and below, but with a comfy upper thigh/butt/crotch area.

The 541 is not most comfortable fit overall since it IS going for that tapered look down low (unless you like the feeling of tighter pants, of course), but its only really uncomfortable when sitting. They look pretty cool to me, way better looking than straight pants but are more comfortable than purely slim jeans. Less unruly than relaxed pants due to the openings staying above your shoe. If that all sounds appealing to you, they skate and move very very well.

A cautious recommendation on the 541 fit (a bit tighter than I imagined), but a really solid recommendation on the cotton/tencel-lyocell/elastaine stretch material. Definitely look into getting that material mix on whatever looser fit you prefer but I don't think this mix is offered in many looser fits sadly.

Levis XX Chino EZ Waist Standard Taper (Stretch) - These things are really soft and comfortable and almost loungey. Feel pretty high quality, but I'm not sure the material will stand up to a ton of skateboarding (not ripstop weave or anything). They are like a thicker Polar Surf (except they actually have a belt loop). The fit is a bit less dorky too, they look nice.

They don't get in the way of movement. Great to skate in. The EZ waist is really comfortable, not just a more generic elastic waist like some other pants.

Almost feels like a lazy around the house pant, but looks good enough for slightly formal wear. Doesn't look like an elastic waist pant in that regard. A slightly relaxed fit with only a slightly tapered end, which I really like for skating. Not tight at all, like the aforementioned pant.

Really solid recommendation overall. Worth checking out if you want a comfy loungey pant that moves with you and skates well. I wish they made it in a more rugged ripstop weave, because that is basically its only downside I can think of.

Carhartt Rugged Flex Relaxed Fit Canvas 5-Pocket Work Pant - These are really solid. Don't move quite as good as the two above pants, but feel very durable as a trade-off. Walk a comfortable line between work pant and casual pant, they sit on your waist rather than above like other Dickies/Carhartt pants. They look nice, and not dorky like a work pant, despite having the durability of a work pant. Move better than the standard 100% cotton Carhartts, and also are slightly lighter weight as a bonus.

I took the advice on here of sizing down the length, and it was a great call. It seems like their pants are all sized to fit over work boots, so keep that in mind. I saw a lot of complaints online about this specific pant (5-pocket flex) being tighter than other Carhartt fits/materials, and that also seems true. I sized up the waist and it fits great.

I like the fit on these more than the Levi's Athletic Taper. I also wouldn't consider these loose fit, but a nice relaxed middleground that feels a bit straight fit in the lower part.

Solid recommendation on these if you want a medium fit, durable pant, that moves alright enough. I'm a bit confused why people choose to skate in the standard 100% cotton ones rather than these or similarly "rugged flex" pants.

Carhartt Loose Fit Canvas Utility Work Pant - A looser lighter fit. They don't flex because they don't need to with their fit and lightweight material. Lighter than the above pants.

However, can be slightly restrictive when lifting knee high though, and I don't think sizing would fix it. This is the best pant I've tried in terms of adding some durability to a lightweight pant. WKND Loosies are lighter weight and move better than these, but these feel more durable as a trade-off.

Definitely size down the length like the above Carhartt pants. However, you can go true size on the waist. I don't think you will really need any extra bagginess. Truly a loose fit pant, but the openings dangling around your ankle aren't a big deal because of how light weight the material is.

Solid recommendation on these if you want something light, loose, but durable.

Let me know if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:37:07 PM by FuzzGNU »

Frosty178

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2152 on: December 12, 2022, 11:58:40 AM »
Treated myself to some Pop Trading DRS jeans. Denim is nice quality and the fit is roomy. Sit decent too. Pricey, but recommended.

Southernmost

• Rep: 106
« Reply #2153 on: December 12, 2022, 03:35:21 PM »
Picked up some relaxed fit Carhartts at Ross on sale for $20. Pretty nice fit, I went a size up. They had a bunch of Carhartts, so did Burlington if those are in anyone’s area it might be worth checking out.

Dr. Bussup

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2154 on: December 12, 2022, 07:32:47 PM »
I’ve been skating in these a lot over the past year. I have 2 pairs and have beaten the shit out of them and have yet to get a hole. Might be luck or maybe they are the GOAT joggers
Dickies Dynamix scrub joggers DK040

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2155 on: December 12, 2022, 08:54:45 PM »
Those look very slim.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2156 on: December 12, 2022, 09:10:36 PM »
A rundown on some Black Friday pants and their skateability... Thanks for all of your advice in this thread, helped me figure out sizing.

Levis 541 Athletic Taper (Stretch) - They're essentially relaxed fit pants at the upper thigh and above (maybe a bit of a dropped crotch?), and a tighter tapered fit at the lower thigh and below. Definitely not a relaxed fit pant at the knee like I was hoping for.

They don't resist movement or twisting, which makes them really solid for skateboarding. However, They are slightly tight at the knees (but it doesn't affect movement when sized up in length). Err on the side of sizing UP the inseam, as that seemed to help the knee tightness and pant mobility more than sizing up the waist. There was some mobility issues with ones that are true to size length, even when sizing up waist, but again more length solved both issues. The potential extra length isn't as huge of an issue due to the taper, especially while wearing shoes. Feels like a slim/tapered fit at the lower thigh and below, but with a comfy upper thigh/butt/crotch area.

The 541 is not most comfortable fit overall since it IS going for that tapered look down low (unless you like the feeling of tighter pants, of course), but its only really uncomfortable when sitting. They look pretty cool to me, way better looking than straight pants but are more comfortable than purely slim jeans. Less unruly than relaxed pants due to the openings staying above your shoe. If that all sounds appealing to you, they skate and move very very well.

A cautious recommendation on the 541 fit (a bit tighter than I imagined), but a really solid recommendation on the cotton/tencel-lyocell/elastaine stretch material. Definitely look into getting that material mix on whatever looser fit you prefer but I don't think this mix is offered in many looser fits sadly.

Levis XX Chino EZ Waist Standard Taper (Stretch) - These things are really soft and comfortable and almost loungey. Feel pretty high quality, but I'm not sure the material will stand up to a ton of skateboarding (not ripstop weave or anything). They are like a thicker Polar Surf (except they actually have a belt loop). The fit is a bit less dorky too, they look nice.

They don't get in the way of movement. Great to skate in. The EZ waist is really comfortable, not just a more generic elastic waist like some other pants.

Almost feels like a lazy around the house pant, but looks good enough for slightly formal wear. Doesn't look like an elastic waist pant in that regard. A slightly relaxed fit with only a slightly tapered end, which I really like for skating. Not tight at all, like the aforementioned pant.

Really solid recommendation overall. Worth checking out if you want a comfy loungey pant that moves with you and skates well. I wish they made it in a more rugged ripstop weave, because that is basically its only downside I can think of.

Carhartt Rugged Flex Relaxed Fit Canvas 5-Pocket Work Pant - These are really solid. Don't move quite as good as the two above pants, but feel very durable as a trade-off. Walk a comfortable line between work pant and casual pant, they sit on your waist rather than above like other Dickies/Carhartt pants. They look nice, and not dorky like a work pant, despite having the durability of a work pant. Move better than the standard 100% cotton Carhartts, and also are slightly lighter weight as a bonus.

I took the advice on here of sizing down the length, and it was a great call. It seems like their pants are all sized to fit over work boots, so keep that in mind. I saw a lot of complaints online about this specific pant (5-pocket flex) being tighter than other Carhartt fits/materials, and that also seems true. I sized up the waist and it fits great.

I like the fit on these more than the Levi's Athletic Taper. I also wouldn't consider these loose fit, but a nice relaxed middleground that feels a bit straight fit in the lower part.

Solid recommendation on these if you want a medium fit, durable pant, that moves alright enough. I'm a bit confused why people choose to skate in the standard 100% cotton ones rather than these or similarly "rugged flex" pants.

Carhartt Loose Fit Canvas Utility Work Pant - A looser lighter fit. They don't flex because they don't need to with their fit and lightweight material. Lighter than the above pants.

However, can be slightly restrictive when lifting knee high though, and I don't think sizing would fix it. This is the best pant I've tried in terms of adding some durability to a lightweight pant. WKND Loosies are lighter weight and move better than these, but these feel more durable as a trade-off.

Definitely size down the length like the above Carhartt pants. However, you can go true size on the waist. I don't think you will really need any extra bagginess. Truly a loose fit pant, but the openings dangling around your ankle aren't a big deal because of how light weight the material is.

Solid recommendation on these if you want something light, loose, but durable.

Let me know if you have any questions.

What you want are Levi's 550 or 569

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #2157 on: December 12, 2022, 09:13:07 PM »
i've been skating in nothing but levi 560's i get off ebay, super baggy and tapered at the bottom. they usually only cost like $25 since they've been discontinued. watch out for the black ones tho because they're made different and aren't as baggy as the light blue ones

FuzzGNU

« Reply #2158 on: December 13, 2022, 06:08:56 AM »
i've been skating in nothing but levi 560's i get off ebay, super baggy and tapered at the bottom. they usually only cost like $25 since they've been discontinued. watch out for the black ones tho because they're made different and aren't as baggy as the light blue ones

Yeah those sound great for skating, and what I've been looking for. Why the hell did they discontinue them? I think I'll do the same next time I need pants.

Hmm I wonder why the black are less baggy... Stretch material that got washed by the previous owner too hot maybe? Seems like black typically means stretch material with Levi's?

What you want are Levi's 550 or 569

I used to wear nothing but 550 and I'm just so over them. I would maybe wear them again in a black stretch, but they didn't have any available.

I think 569 might not be for me. Not a fan of straight leg and those openings are even bigger than 550.

Thanks for looking out.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 06:27:15 AM by FuzzGNU »

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #2159 on: December 13, 2022, 06:15:25 AM »
I got a pair of black 560s off Depop awhile ago and when they arrived they fit like Jerry Seinfeld's pants. I was about to send them back until I realized that they (poorly) sewed them to be tighter and I was able to get them back to their original fit.

But even so, my blue ones are still slightly baggier.