Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1220568 times)

Road Dawg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #9180 on: October 13, 2020, 01:39:12 PM »
I DM'ed them on Instagram. Asked if the 148 & 149 height changed from 52mm to 50mm. This is what I was told: "Nope, sorry there was a typo on our updated size chart. The 148, 149 and 151 are still 52mm"

Sorry don't know how to post a screenshot

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 51
« Reply #9181 on: October 13, 2020, 01:56:19 PM »
Anyone ride Thunders with conical top, barrel bottom instead of the stock conical top and bottom?

I rode barrel bottoms on 147s because they are lower. It allowed me to have loose trucks with a little more stability/slightly less wheel bite. For 148 and up I ride stock bushings.
How much for an order of ribs?

ballintoohard

« Reply #9182 on: October 13, 2020, 02:51:04 PM »
How are you going to have a critical typo on a chart that has less than 20 numbers on it?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #9183 on: October 13, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »
Expand Quote
they heard we want lower trucks
or its to get out of the ace vs mindy debate
[close]
who wants lower trucks?
thunder used to make lows and no one bought them. thunders should all be 52mm at axle imo. shorter than an indy and venture high.

Mids are the new lo, bro. ;)

Seriously no idea where the notion of people wanting lower trucks again is coming from, except maybe in Indys case being 55mm and people wanting a non-forged Indy that isn't 55mm (I'm not a fan of 55mm indys).

Shuh

• Rep: 6
« Reply #9184 on: October 13, 2020, 05:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yo thunders new team mold has changed, 147,148,149 is now 50mm axle height

Only 151 remains 52mm and 161 is at 53mm.
[close]

If so this changes everything. I've always thought 148's would be perfect at 147 height.
[close]
Dam I sort of want to get 149 teams again even if I wheelbite
[close]

Where did you hear this? Dp you know when they're coming out?
[close]

https://www.thundertrucks.com/sizing/

False alarm guys, it's still 52MM. Deluxe ad team was probably high when they did that statement.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #9185 on: October 13, 2020, 05:24:18 PM »

False alarm guys, it's still 52MM. Deluxe ad team was probably high when they did that statement.

I saw an interview with Gerwer (9 club?) where he was talking about Thunder trucks and he quoted the wrong heights.   I think there are a lot of folks that just don't pay attention nearly as much as Slap.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9186 on: October 13, 2020, 05:33:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I saw an interview with Gerwer (9 club?) where he was talking about Thunder trucks and he quoted the wrong heights.   I think there are a lot of folks that just don't pay attention nearly as much as Slap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pAZDEclOiY

start at 3:40

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9187 on: October 15, 2020, 12:35:17 PM »
Curious about trying 8.5 on 159
Comments?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #9188 on: October 15, 2020, 03:01:17 PM »
Curious about trying 8.5 on 159
Comments?
looked cool, felt goofy for me.
tried thunder 151s and indy forged hollow 159s. both were good, but just too much truck for me for a regular board.

good for a slappy board or for skating a park.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #9189 on: October 16, 2020, 08:00:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I get that, but why release technical specs if you’re not going to bother double checking your numbers?? When I saw that advert from Thunder I knew people that people were going to be so confused. Between Tactics inaccurate charts and truck companies own inaccurate charts, the amount of misinformation out there on truck measurements is laughable.

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #9190 on: October 17, 2020, 05:41:22 PM »
where can i get thinner axle nuts?
i wanna use more spacers to align the edge of the wheels to the deck

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9191 on: October 17, 2020, 07:50:51 PM »

anon

• Rep: 53
« Reply #9192 on: October 17, 2020, 09:34:59 PM »
Expand Quote
where can i get thinner axle nuts?
i wanna use more spacers to align the edge of the wheels to the deck
[close]

https://www.acerracing.com/collections/titanium-skate-hardware/products/5-16-24-titanium-skateboard-wheel-nuts-4-pieces
this is as ridiculous as paying $14 for pivot cups... i might just do it

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9193 on: October 17, 2020, 11:43:20 PM »
Thank god the hardware only comes in 1" and up....otherwise I would have dropped $50 on parts....

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #9194 on: October 18, 2020, 08:45:54 AM »
I got them for my setup with TiH board. Axle nuts and kingpin nuts. Theeve mounting hardware. Stupid light for a 8.25.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9195 on: October 18, 2020, 08:55:55 AM »
Could have just been me...but one thing I noticed about the Tih's is they shredded axel nuts. I'm guessing harder material....

Digital Rasta

« Reply #9196 on: October 18, 2020, 09:30:46 AM »
Lifelong Indy rider lookin for a pair of Thunders or Ventures, which one would you guys recommend? I'm thinking Venture becuase I don't want the wheelbase any longer on the setup I am putting together. Help me out dudes

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #9197 on: October 18, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »
Lifelong Indy rider lookin for a pair of Thunders or Ventures, which one would you guys recommend? I'm thinking Venture becuase I don't want the wheelbase any longer on the setup I am putting together. Help me out dudes

Venture has the longer wheelbase.

I would say it comes down to how you like your turn. They are both stable trucks, but Thunder has a very sharp almost twitchy (responsive) turn where Venture has a more broad flowy turn.

Venture baseplate gives your wheels more clearance on nose/tail slides.

Both fine, be happy with whatever you get.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #9198 on: October 18, 2020, 10:14:10 AM »
Could have just been me...but one thing I noticed about the Tih's is they shredded axel nuts. I'm guessing harder material....
Since it's all the same material, then that seems logical that it would be harder. To be honest, I used grindking rims (the ones with the endcap) on my TiH to keep from messing up the threads from primo landings.  ;D

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9199 on: October 18, 2020, 10:48:53 AM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9200 on: October 18, 2020, 11:50:20 AM »
I'll just keep making my way through the box of silverados I have...

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #9201 on: October 18, 2020, 08:03:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Venture has the longer wheelbase.

I would say it comes down to how you like your turn. They are both stable trucks, but Thunder has a very sharp almost twitchy (responsive) turn where Venture has a more broad flowy turn.

Venture baseplate gives your wheels more clearance on nose/tail slides.

Both fine, be happy with whatever you get.

Ventures (especially the forged baseplate ones) widen your WB the most of any truck. Thunder cast are probably the closest to Indys while being much lighter and lower. Thunder forged goes even lower but extend the WB slightly more than cast.

Thunder Cast / Titanium- +3.125"
Thunder Forged - +3.25"
Venture Cast - +3.25"
Venture Forged - +3.4 - 3.5"
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ballintoohard

« Reply #9202 on: October 18, 2020, 09:13:39 PM »
Anyone know where I can buy just Thunder cast baseplates? I have Ti Lites and used risers today and it was actually noticeably better everything- pop, flick, all that jazz. Might try my cast 5.6 again but like the Thunder turn better. If I get the team plates I don't have to use risers.

The.Tran.Man

• Rep: -2
« Reply #9203 on: October 19, 2020, 09:18:49 AM »
I'm sure this has been mentioned a billion times, but what are good replacement aftermarket bushings for thunders? I don't like the bones bushings btw. My stock ones are starting to crack. If you guys could list any skateshops who has thunder bushings for sale online (not the dlx supercush as those are for ventures). I heard the independent conical bushings work too? Just want to confirm if they're the same size

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #9204 on: October 19, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »
I'm sure this has been mentioned a billion times, but what are good replacement aftermarket bushings for thunders? I don't like the bones bushings btw. My stock ones are starting to crack. If you guys could list any skateshops who has thunder bushings for sale online (not the dlx supercush as those are for ventures). I heard the independent conical bushings work too? Just want to confirm if they're the same size
WTF...Why don’t you do that legwork yourself, you lazy ass bitch?

There’s like 3 or 4 big online sites, start there. Hold your hand, foh.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9205 on: October 19, 2020, 09:31:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yo, take a chill pill dude.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

The.Tran.Man

• Rep: -2
« Reply #9206 on: October 19, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

First of all, I'm aware of the big online sites. CCS or Tactics don't have any aftermarket thunder bushings so that's why I'm relying someone on SLAP to provide a local skateshop who has any in stock. I'd rather support a local shop anyway so fuck your hate and stop being a bitch on the internet. This thread is in the shoes & gear section. I'm fucking here for information on gear lmao

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #9207 on: October 19, 2020, 10:13:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

First of all, I'm aware of the big online sites. CCS or Tactics don't have any aftermarket thunder bushings so that's why I'm relying someone on SLAP to provide a local skateshop who has any in stock. I'd rather support a local shop anyway so fuck your hate and stop being a bitch on the internet. This thread is in the shoes & gear section. I'm fucking here for information on gear lmao
Google bitch.

Hey, you guys, find me some clear grizzly grip tape, 11” wide. Please list them in alphabetical order by price, thanks I’ll wait.

I just typed “thunder bushings” into the url bar on my phone while is sit here shitting, and skate warehouse has them. You’re welcome.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9208 on: October 19, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Google bitch.

Hey, you guys, find me some clear grizzly grip tape, 11” wide. Please list them in alphabetical order by price, thanks I’ll wait.

I just typed “thunder bushings” into the url bar on my phone while is sit here shitting, and skate warehouse has them. You’re welcome.

Kook alert. Smoke a bowl and calm your mantits down.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #9209 on: October 19, 2020, 11:06:52 AM »
Deluxe supercush or thunder rebuild kit